Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Best of the Month December 2007

I nominate Jim for the consistant work applied throughout the oven building, as well as the craftmanship of the arch, great work. Dusty is my close second.
Attached Images

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I will second both Dusty and Wayne...competition in this is tough. too may great builders out there. Another tough vote at month's end.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Time to nominate a build from the past, no sense in the newbies getting all of the glory.
I nominate Camarina73 for his no form oven. For those who have been on the forum at least 9 months to a year, I'm sure you have seen it. Unfortunetly he only posted a few pics in the gallery and just as few posts in the general forum. He had an entire photo guide to his build on the Yahoo photo site, it has since been removed. His build was a great inspiration to me, I studied every picture for several days before beginning my build.
Anyone interested in seeing his photos may want to drop him a line.
Thats Camarina73 for best build of the past - December

RT
Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
I nominate Jim for the consistant work applied throughout the oven building, as well as the craftmanship of the arch, great work.
Just to clarify, Acoma is referring to jcg31 (we have quite a few "Jim's" ), and I'll second this nomination. That entry is just amazing.

The thing that drives me nuts about this forum is all the cool stuff I see after I'm finished building that I wish I would have done! I guess I'll have to start avoiding the building threads and stick to the cooking threads .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Once in the building thread you may never leave Ken. Your input always helps, as does all builders of the ovens with valuable advice.
RT, I absolutely agree 100%. This is fun and should include all past builders, this is not about current month ones only. Get Camarina to re post a few in the forum with some input. All would be thrilled to see work admired by the few from the past. We only have through the 15th......

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I recently received my 5-pack of flour from the November contest. I thanked James privately, but figured I would be remiss if I didn't thank him here for a wonderful prize!!

Looks like I won't be able to do much on the oven until January due to my holiday work schedule and vacation. When I get back to it, I plan on practicing a bit with regular Gold Medal flour before trying the "good stuff"!

Thanks again James!

Updated!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

James, it is now time for the polling. The 15th has passed. I look forward to the accounting team to decide the people

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

James, why no polling for December? You sick? Well, guys, if we don't see a James choice for polling, we can put a list together and get it done. This month's group deserves some credible recognition.

Acoma's Tuscan: