Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPolice View Post
If you want a 90 second pizza, it has to be just water, flour, salt and yeast or preferment. It has to be thin and sparsely dressed. If you add oil to the dough, that will accelerate the cooking and certainly cause it to burn.
Good point. I don't put any oil in my dough, so maybe that's the difference right there.

George, you and I have 36 inch domes, but I think Les's is a 42. I bet his fire doesn't get as spread out as ours- I find that after an hour and a half or so, I have fire all over the floor too. He must just be too tidy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
He must just be too tidy.
Elizabeth - you do wash your wood before you burn it? Thanks all - very helpfull!

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Laborer

I can cook my first 12 or so, usually 3 at a time, at a cook time of 3-5 minutes. At that point the temp drops and the restless natives are satisfied and i crank up the heat for round two. I will monitor temps next time around. But here in CT...thats not soon enough. On an average "WFO" evening, we bake 16-20 pizzas and a few stuffed breads with all of the leftover ingredients and lastly a few loaved of bread. Generally, this requires a mini refiring midway. Just in time to toss a few back.