Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Advent

I'd love the recipe, thanks. I have the one my mom cut out of the newspaper years ago- I think it was from the Swedish ambassador's wife or something- I'll have to pull it out to check. It's a different gingerbread too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Master Builder

Hmmm, the advent calendar is one of those things on the loooooong list of things I've always meant to get around to but haven't. Funny you should have brought it up Frances - my son has mentioned wanting one several times this year. Even though it's late maybe I can still find one ... or make one ... or get one next year - we'll see (a mother's most useful expression).

When the kids were small, they would make 'gingerbread' houses out of graham wafer crackers - much more manageable for them and, depending on how long it held their interest, we sometimes ended up with whole villages! Any of you with smaller kids should give it a try.

Sarah
Old 12-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Journeyman

You should be able to email me through my profile. drop me a note and I'll email you the recipe and instructions. I have a less robust version online, but since that article had to be limited to 600 or fewer words, I had to edit out some good detail.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Sarah, I love the graham cracker idea! Unfortunately I don't have small children, but I'll keep it in mind for the ones I babysit. Assuming I ever do babysit any...

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]