Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/1-worldwide-pizza-party-report-swiss-3406.html)

Frances 02-23-2008 09:26 AM

1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter

Dusty, guys,

as promised I fired up my oven today. We had beautiful weather for it, like the first day of Spring, so we carried the table outside and ate beside the oven :).

I told everyone (i.e. my family, my bother, and a friend with her small son - admittedly not much of a turnout, but I'm sure it'll improve over the years as the event becomes better known) what a historic event they were participating in, and we imagined a picture of the world with little fires lighting up wherever a fellow pizza oven builder was firing his/her oven ...

With so many children around and it being lunch time and all, the party didn't get very raucous, nor have we got many embarassing pictures. I hope you lot will do better. I can't wait for summer when I can cook pizzas untill well into the night, aided by many glasses of red wine...

Still, we had a lovely relaxing afternoon together, and many great pizzas, so all in all I feel the Swiss chapter made a worthy contribution to the first Worldwide pizza party.

Over to you now, go forth and do likewise - can't wait to read what you're getting up to...!

.... pics to follow - my brother took them on his camera, and they're too big. Hmm, now where did I read something about this...???

asudavew 02-23-2008 09:30 AM

Re: 1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frances (Post 24947)

.... pics to follow - my brother took them on his camera, and they're too big. Hmm, now where did I read something about this...???

Download Picasa2 ...
it's free, from google

Great job on the party!

I'm up for tonight!!

Frances 02-23-2008 10:10 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Picasa2, eh? I'll do that next time I have an hour or two to myself... (sometime in 2010 maybe)

Ok, no I'll check it out :)

In the meantime here's a go at the pics...

Frances 02-23-2008 10:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Whooopi it worked!! I must a some kind of a comuter genius after all!

More... (including my first ever Calzone)

Xabia Jim 02-23-2008 10:20 AM

Ain't it fun....great job Francis!

Time to form the FB european chapter.....

Inishta 02-23-2008 10:24 AM

8.20PM in Turkey..............fire has been on for an hour and a half. Trying to coordinate times so a late start. I expect there is much activity over Sacramento way right now. We don't have children to worry about so just chillin' out and having a few liveners.

Great job in Switzerland Frances.

Just had the weirdest flashback. Belgium null points. Eurovision song contest.

Never mind ...........onward and upward.

More later.

:cool:

CanuckJim 02-23-2008 10:49 AM

Frances,

Nice to put a face to the posts. Looks like a lot of fun with good WFO food. Wish my weather here was as good. Seems February will never end. Didn't plan to announce this till a bit later on but your post put me in mind. My annual Bread Bash at Mary G's Artisan Breads will be held on May 24th here in Ontario. Couldn't handle all 3500+ members, but any members nearby or farby(sic) are welcome. This year's theme will be Italian, with pizza, calzone, ciabatta, etc.

A like the image of all those bright fire spots lighting up the map.

Jim

gjbingham 02-23-2008 11:19 AM

Great pics Frances. Looks like a ton 'o fun!

DrakeRemoray 02-23-2008 12:48 PM

Looks like a pretty good party to me!!

Drake

Inishta 02-23-2008 03:14 PM

Well 1am .............things are just about done here. Great time was had by all. Any news from Sacramento?

Will furnish more details when I'm feeling compis mentis again.

Inish

:cool: