Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > General > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: 1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Whooopi it worked!! I must a some kind of a comuter genius after all!

More... (including my first ever Calzone)
Unless it is a spelling error, but it you are a commuter genius I hope to see you when I host a "Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Texas Chapter". I'll be cooking soon, but I can't tell you when it will be good!
Are you the one in the purple, My son (and my money) went to college at TCU in Fort Worth and they were the purple Horned Frogs.

"It's time to go Vertical"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Master Builder

Sacramento here. The weather was very iffy, but we persevered and ended up having a great time! Acoma decided to not risk passing the sierras, probably wise, but he missed a great party!

The forcast was for 50 MPH gusts and pouring rain . We decided to go for it anyway and got a stiff little breeze and a some spinkles- showers. I put a tarp over my insulation and everything was fine.

We had about 20 guests. I made 22 pizza dough balls yesterday so there was plenty. Two by two everyone made their own pizza. Some were spectacular! Some not so much! We made a few dessert pizzas also. We made an apple pie model and a fresh strawberry one. For the apple pie one, I sliced the apple(granny smith) and baked it in tin foil for about five minutes with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Then I put it on a half baked skin with cream cheese spread on it and put it back in the oven for another few minutes. The oven was no longer at pizza temp, but still very hot. It was awesome!
But the stawberry one was the crowd favorite. Same skin with cream cheese, then fresh strawberrys covered with grated chocolate and served with whipped cream topping. Soooo good.

After all that, I put in my pita bread. The oven could of been a bit hotter, but they turned out excelent. They puffed up like giant oyster crackers but didn't brown like I thought they should have.

All said, bestest party of the new year.
I took some pics, but the camera ran out of gas - "no power". (Poor battery management).

Happy world peace-a party to all and thanks to all who participted. Can't wait 'til next year.

dusty
Attached Thumbnails
1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter-wpp-1-001.jpg   1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter-wpp-1-008.jpg   1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter-wpp-1-003.jpg   1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter-wpp-1-006.jpg   1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter-wpp-1-007.jpg  

Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Master Builder

Frances,
Loved the image of little fires lighting up the globe. You definatly held down your side.

Great pics.

Which was of you?

dusty
Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Master Builder

Inishta,
Thanks for starting it off. I'm convinced that we all caught up. Happy WPP #1.

dusty
Old 02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Master Builder

Dave,
Thanks for the pita recipe. Sitto would be proud.

dusty
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Frances,
Loved the image of little fires lighting up the globe. You definatly held down your side.

Great pics.

Which was of you?

dusty
she's the one in the picture......... duh

world peace a night... could it be that simple>?

missed pizza tonite.. but made mozzarella
i think pizza is funner.

Next year.........................who knows

nice job Frances and Dusty@@@@#$!!$@@#

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Dave,
Thanks for the pita recipe. Sitto would be proud.

dusty
I'm glad Sitto would be proud.

well......... Me thinks she would be proud of you!

My costs:

My pics:

Last edited by asudavew; 02-23-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
I'm glad Sitto would be proud.

Me thinks she would be proud of you!
nah

I know she would be proud of you dustman

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Last edited by asudavew; 02-23-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default lighting up the map

James:

Have you ever done a demographics on the FB members? I assume most are from the states and english speaking countries....OZ, Canada, UK??

How do we get the FB site to show where the members are located?

I see the world map with "the image of all those bright fire spots lighting up the map."

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, cool guys!!! I went to bed wondering how you were all getting on, nice to see the pics this morning... What a great idea you had Dusty - or was it Inishta? Really good idea anyway!!!

Sounds like Inishta had a really good time, too

Yes, I am the one in purple . I don't usually look quite that serious, but making pizza still requires a lot of concentration...

Talking of embarassing, my brother also made some videos of me making pizzas....... with his photo camera, so no idea what the quality will be like......

Maybe, just maybe I'll put one on utube. Hmmm.