Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: wife is fighting me on a WFO

Fight your wife back!!!

Honestly, we use our oven often in late spring through early fall. We made a fairly small oven 39" and it heats up quickly and retains heat very well.

The gas grill rarely gets fired up. - we have a tuscan grill and I really like the way it cooks.

I've seen some pretty rapid oven builds on the site in the last 3 years - you can do it!

Best of luck,

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Banned

Get the boxing gloves out

I did my whole back yard in 2 months

Look

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...gon-11041.html (My Outdoor Kitchen in Bend, Oregon)
Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Tonto,

If it will help, you are welcome to show your wife the Pizza Oven page on my website:
Hokester's Wood Fired Pizza Oven

On the page I walk through the thought process of convincing my family that this was a good idea (now that it's finished, they wouldn't trade it for anything! )
Just visited your WFO website, Ken. Bravo! Good work. Very impressive oven and website.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Journeyman

Raffy,

My wife actually said NO when I asked. I stuck to my guns and decided to build it. It did take a while and time away from a young family on the weekends but now she loves it - we host partys from church, charity dinners and just having friends over. In fact I'm going to fire it up tonight after our neigborhood easter egg hunt!.

Good luck
Dick
Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Peasant

The challenge I had was convincing her that I should build it rather than buy a kit oven.
Wasn't easy. Be persistent and let her be involved in the achievement of building the hearth.
I know she is happy with oven now and Im sure Ill be building one if we move house

Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Apprentice

why did you tell her?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Where would you suggest hiding a three ton oven? Trust me, she'll notice.

"Gosh honey, wasn't that there when we bought the house? Don't ask me where it came from. Here, have some pizza."

WFO Webpage:

Thread: