Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   *waves from Virginia, USA* (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/waves-virginia-usa-19072.html)

SiroccoDream 03-11-2013 03:05 PM

*waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!

mrchipster 03-11-2013 04:25 PM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiroccoDream (Post 147416)
Greetings, pizza oven enthusiasts!

I'm so new to pizza ovens that I don't even have one...yet! I stumbled across the Forno Bravo site while doing a search for "build your own brick oven". It was hands down the most complete, easy-to-follow site I saw. After spending a day lurking around this forum, I couldn't stand it anymore and I signed up.

Anyway, my husband and I are still weighing our options. He wants to go all out and build one ourselves... but I'm the chicken who's considering an assembled one.

Haha we should have it figured out soon, and I'll post back when we've made our choice!

Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
Chip

Les 03-11-2013 04:26 PM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Welcome! At first glance, it does appear to be a daunting task to build it out of brick. You are not the first. There is PLENTY of help here. The kit is obviously faster but more expensive. Either way you go, welcome to the obsession. ;)

Faith In Virginia 03-11-2013 05:43 PM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
I'm in SW Virginia...how about you...welcome

SiroccoDream 03-11-2013 05:56 PM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Hi, Mr. Chipster, but I'm afraid we're "Go Army!" in this household! ;) Hope you won't hold it against me. Thanks for the kind welcome!

Les, you are SO right about there being a lot of help available on this forum! I already know I've lost the battle...my husband's already downloaded the Pompeii oven ebook! I'm sure we'll be building sooner rather than later.

Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you. :)

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year! :D

Gulf 03-11-2013 06:29 PM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrchipster (Post 147420)
Waves as in a Navy Wave??

Welcome to the club!!!
Chip

Just a guess, maybe as in, Virginia Beach, VA??

Dino69 03-12-2013 09:07 AM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
I'm in Harrisonburg. You are more than welcome to see my oven if you would like.

I have roasted chickens, turkeys, cooked steaks...I think you can do pretty much anything you can dream up. Smoking, dehydrating, slow cooking. It is way cool to work with the oven.

A friend and I did multigrain bread last weekend after pizza the night before.

David

stonecutter 03-12-2013 09:35 AM

Re: *waves from Virginia, USA*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiroccoDream (Post 147435)
Faith, I'm in Central Va, near Charlottesville! Just a couple hours on 81, I reckon. Nice to meet you. :)

My one burning question, can an oven made from the Pompeii plans roast a turkey? Pizza's great, sourdough bread's even better, but a TURKEY in my VERY OWN brick oven would blow my mother-in-law's mind when I host Thanksgiving later this year! :D

Welcome! My wife and I almost relocated to that area a few years ago...beautiful, and lots of stone! You'll see how versatile these ovens are the most you research.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC