Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV

Thanks-it's good to be cooking vice building for a change. Still a lot to do as we've decided we need more counter space next to the oven and a buffet area for guests. So we'll be off to HD sometime for metal studs and backer board, but probably not until it truly warms up again.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV_Oven View Post
With the dome burning clear we made Roasted Fillet of Beef Stuffed with Prosciutto and Parmigianino
Hi,

I am in the planning stages of my oven, but I could not help but love the presentation of your fillet. Do you mind sharing the recipe and how you got it looking so good. Crazy questions...but I am new to all of it .

Thanks,

Sandro
Old 02-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Peasant

Hi Sandro,

We used a recipe from the book "The Art of Wood Fired Cooking" which was a Christmas present. We use that book as well as many of the e-books and recipes you can find here at the Forno Bravo site.

We're really enjoying cooking and made a couple loaves of hearth bread this past weekend morning after a dinner of pork roast and beans the eve before. I would have built a WFO years before if I would have known then what fun they are and how excellent food cooks in them.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Peasant

Closing in on the finish-only a few more weekends to go maybe and the base product should be complete. We tore off all the ceramic tile on the island, took down the pony wall extension, put up new WonderBoard, and have all the brick for the counter cut and ready to mortar and grout.

A weekend to mortar and grout, and a weekend to stucco the balance should bring closure on this round. Already thinking of extending a counter to the right of the oven with built in storage, and quite possibly adding back in the sink we demo'd out for the WFO build as running water and sewer are still close by to tie back onto.
Attached Thumbnails
Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-s3010194.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV_Oven View Post
Hi Sandro,

We used a recipe from the book "The Art of Wood Fired Cooking" which was a Christmas present. We use that book as well as many of the e-books and recipes you can find here at the Forno Bravo site.

We're really enjoying cooking and made a couple loaves of hearth bread this past weekend morning after a dinner of pork roast and beans the eve before. I would have built a WFO years before if I would have known then what fun they are and how excellent food cooks in them.
Thank you! I appreciate you sharing the info.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Peasant

Finally done with the WFO project, minus installing two outlets and cover plates, and putting the BBQ back in its place. We color-coated with three bags of SBC and grouted and sealed the brick countertop with the awesome warm Saturday we had yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-countertop.jpg   Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-patio.jpg   Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-ready-bbq.jpg   Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-yard-side.jpg   Started 42" WFO in Carson Valley, NV-yard.jpg  

Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Laborer

Congratulations! It looks great! This past saturday was very nice! I hope that the weather clears up again this weekend so I can get working some more!

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Peasant

Hi Friend-thanks for the kind comment! I see your build is underway and lots of folks in your area are also building. Hang in there and the weather this next weekend is supposed to be stellar! You'll be cooking in short order and enjoy the build even when it seems "it's the song that never ends"!!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks great CV! - keep the counter dry in the winter (or really well sealed), our freeze in the winter will play hell on the mortar. Seems like I am out there every year repairing it on my pillars (horizontal brick).

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Peasant

Thanks Les-appreciate the comment and the advice. It's good to be in the maintenance mode and enjoying cooking now.

Jim