Old 06-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Spring has Sprung....

Very very nice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Peasant

Sorry mfiore, no photos of the dome being built. I work alone (wife out earning money) and the dome went up easier than I thought. By the time I remembered my camera it was done. Photos get taken last thing at night or first thing in the morning, if I remember.
I did not cut any of the first few courses of bricks but the last few I had to cut every brick. I got that engrossed, pictures were the last thing on my mind.

Never put off untill tomorrow what you can do today. If you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Apprentice

Incredible brickwork!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Peasant

A week last Saturday it was raining so I gave up trying to weed the garden and got online to book rooms for the beer festival in Bruges. A group of us are going out in November. Three of us are sixty this year so it will be our joint birthday bash. Back to the point. Afterwards I went to ebay and found a chimney pot for sale. No-one had put a bid in and it was due to finish the next day. I had no idea how I was going to do the flue and this seemed ideal. I put the minimum bid in (37) and waited. As you can see from the photo I got it. I could not pick it up untill this weekend so I have done no work on the oven this last week.
I picked it up on Saturday. It is 47 inches high and I was told, over 100 years old.
I have had a few more fires and with a bit of luck should be cooking in it this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Spring has Sprung....-p5140008.jpg  

Never put off untill tomorrow what you can do today. If you enjoy it today, you can do it again tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good find! I love those old chimneys... that'll look really good with the bricks!

Old 06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Peasant

Spring has Sprung
The Grass has Riss
I Wonder Where the Pizza is. (To slightly misquote Spike Milligan)

About time to finish this thread. From the pictures you can see that the oven is complete (Monday). The paving is almost finished but I had to do a couple of Real jobs this week. Today I got a big fire going and we pizza for tea.
This was just a try out for tomorrow (Saturday) mid-summer day. I am going for the big one. One or two people are coming over and if we don't drink too much beer I hope to do some real cooking.
I hope someone will take some photos and I will post them ASP.
Bye for now and many thanks to one and all. Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Spring has Sprung....-p5160002.jpg   Spring has Sprung....-p5170005.jpg   Spring has Sprung....-p5170007.jpg   Spring has Sprung....-p5200016.jpg   Spring has Sprung....-p5200017.jpg