Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   Oven plans to Genova (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/oven-plans-genova-3526.html)

james 03-14-2008 10:05 AM

Oven plans to Genova

We received a request for the Pompeii oven e-Book from a builder in Genova today. How cool is that. Maybe we should start translating the book back into Italian. :-)

James

gjbingham 03-14-2008 09:13 PM

Re: Oven plans to Genova

Huh? My experiences in Southern Italy led me to believe that there was no such thing as a do it yourself project. The locals always called someone to do even the easiest of jobs. My landlord was perplexed that I could even begin to diagnose, and even more perplexing, be correct as to the cause of the plumbing problems I was experiencing in my villa.

There's got to be tons of professional oven builders in his/her area of Genova. Something's changing - a way of life I guess. Perhaps the cost of building. Good for Forno Bravo in the end. Congrats James. The circle is compete.

Inishta 03-14-2008 10:19 PM

There is a saying in the UK.........."taking coals to Newcastle" I guess Italians getting plans for ovens would be covered by this.

:cool:

Xabia Jim 03-15-2008 05:06 AM

Are there any translations yet?

Frances 03-15-2008 10:18 AM

Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant? :)

james 03-15-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frances (Post 26592)
Well, the saying "taking coals to Newcastle" translates as "carrying owls to Athens" in German. Owls being a type of coin (with an owl on, surprisingly enough) and Athens being a rich city... or isn't that what you meant? :)

That's a new one for me. Great learning new things.

I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
Saluti,"

Very good.
James

RCLake 03-15-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james (Post 26598)
I heard back from Sig. Luzzati, and he said he did all of his Internet research and that our plans and site are the best.

"Complimenti per le istruzioni mi sembra che sia il materiale migliore che esista sul web.
Saluti,"

Very good.
James

But we already knew that.

gjbingham 03-15-2008 04:26 PM

James - I've never seen the word sembra. Como se dice en Englese?

james 03-15-2008 05:02 PM

Appears or seems. Mi sembra che - It seems to me that....

James

Acoma 03-15-2008 05:28 PM

OK, none of us have mentioned how fantastic this is for James. We all evolve and look to be more independant, whether as individual, or regional (organic). James, this is fantastic. You need to protect your plans from being copied and patented by others, if not already. Through your gracious ways, we have been able to build our own successful ovens. The details may have been shared, and maybe we help you modify the techniques, but this is YOURS. Share the details in different languages, that is the power that is loved, appreciated, and respected worldwide. Imagine what would happen if you had various languages to this?:) I say, do it.