Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Serf

Default Re: New WFO in Westchester, NY

Thanks! I also found a place in CT that sells the boards. -- Harbison-Walker Refractories Company -- I'll give them both a call and compare products.

Hearth was poured on Monday, will post pictures after I remove the framing this week.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

+2 for RSandler and Brickie .

Ditto on Distribution International. Before you pour the hearth slab, you might want to do a "mock up" of your finished floor and door height that will allow you to visualize working the oven from a bent position . You will also gain a lot of storage area under the oven .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Oops, I see it is too late. Tried to delete, I don't think it worked.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
+2 for RSandler and Brickie .

Ditto on Distribution International. Before you pour the hearth slab, you might want to do a "mock up" of your finished floor and door height that will allow you to visualize working the oven from a bent position . You will also gain a lot of storage area under the oven .

Their insulation board is only recommended to 1300F. You think thats fine? The FB CalSi board goes to 2300F. I know I'm not running my oven that hot, but I dont want the board to degrade over time.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Apprentice

The hottest I've ever gotten my floor is 900F, and that only after a multi-day firing for a big pizza party. The bottom of the bricks, where they contact the insulation, is surely cooler than the top surface. The Thermo-12 Gold stuff should do for you.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Serf

Are low-duty firebricks fine to use? The two firebrick stores that people have reccomended in the past (NY area) only carry light duty not medium.

Tags
new york, newbie, westchester, wfo