Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   New from Texas (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/new-texas-15300.html)

Lonestar 01-30-2011 09:54 AM

New from Texas

Man this is a great site!!!

I'm about to custom build my first oven. Being in the Concrete Construction business certainly is a plus. The outside will be constructed with some stone and brick that i already have. I have to order the firebrick and cinder block, but that's about it. Was going to form everything up this weekend and get her ready to pour, but I've been down in my back..:(

Yesterday was beautiful weather, in the 70's. Today is cold and a chilly wind out of the North.

I will post pics and update the project when i start....

Millstone Man 02-01-2011 07:46 AM

Re: New from Texas

Welcome. What part of Texas? Getting close to finishing mine up and could not have done it without this site. Don't rush it and read the plans thouroughly and plan, plan, plan.

Lburou 02-01-2011 09:22 AM

Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar (Post 107023)
Man this is a great site!!!

I'm about to custom build my first oven. Being in the Concrete Construction business certainly is a plus. The outside will be constructed with some stone and brick that i already have. I have to order the firebrick and cinder block, but that's about it. Was going to form everything up this weekend and get her ready to pour, but I've been down in my back..:(

Yesterday was beautiful weather, in the 70's. Today is cold and a chilly wind out of the North.

I will post pics and update the project when i start....

Sounds like a plan....We are seeing horizontal snow on the Brazos this morning, a good day to rest your back :)

In case you don't have affiliation with a refractory for the best supplies, keep Wesco Refractories in mind (Mansfield). They were very helpful. :)

Lonestar 02-01-2011 10:32 AM

Re: Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millstone Man (Post 107156)
Welcome. What part of Texas? Getting close to finishing mine up and could not have done it without this site. Don't rush it and read the plans thouroughly and plan, plan, plan.

North Texas.

I live in Burkburnett. I live close enough to the Red River that i can actually see Oklahoma from my house, just not today with all the blowing snow..:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lburou (Post 107164)
Sounds like a plan....We are seeing horizontal snow on the Brazos this morning, a good day to rest your back :)

13 degrees right now with a wind chill around 10 below.

I'm not sure if i still live in Texas or not....:confused:

stonylake 02-01-2011 01:08 PM

Re: New from Texas

Blowing snow in Texas? Forcast for tonite in West Michigan... 10-16", winds at 25-40mph (5-10 foot drifts). The kids are all wound up, they havent had a snow day yet this year... if the Weathermen get this one right, it's gonna be fun! Welcome to the site Lonestar!