Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Serf

Default Re: New in the Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
snmhanson,
Welcome to the forum,, Have you downloaded the free planns yet ? Here is the link, Brick Oven Plans | Build an Italian Brick OvenRead them thru,,,
It will give you some great information
Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,

I have checked out those plans. At first I was motivated to try to build one myself knowing how much money I could save. However, then I looked at some threads and saw the time and skill required to build one out of brick and decided that a cast oven would probably be better for my situation. Nevertheless, I still did get a whole lot of good info out of the tutorial/plans that will carry over to a pre-case oven. Still not sure when I will get started but it is officially "on the list".

On a side note, we went to a local restaurant today that cooks with a wood-fired oven. I talked to the owner a little about their oven and he said that there are quite a few people around the area that are building ovens. They happened to get their oven from another dealer but he did recommend Forno Bravo. Got me excited to get moving on my oven.

Matt
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Matt - James (FB) is casting his own line of ovens in Marina, CA. I saw first hand on how well these things work. If you have the $$, and not the time, that IS the route to go. On the other side - the skill you mentioned.... I think most of us lacked that until we bought the first brick.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
On the other side - the skill you mentioned.... I think most of us lacked that until we bought the first brick
Les, You are absolutely right... And we all learned fast though...

Cheers
Mark
Old 03-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Apprentice

All,
If you local folk are interested you are welcome to come on over and take a peek and see how mine works if you want. I fire it up about every two weeks rain of shine. I would really like to do another one but.... I can really only use one wood fired oven. my old thread is probably still active somewhere. I'm at cwilliamslaw@gmail.com
Berryst.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Serf

Hi!

Please do not readily accept the answers of ignorant people hating on NJ, I'm sure they have never been here...

As for the Pacific Northwest, I have never been there.

Tags
oregon, washington