Old 06-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Peasant

Default Re: New Oven

Welcome Jim Bob....

Since I haven't started building my oven yet, I've got a little time on my hands. So I threw together some graphics to illustrate about the thermocouple placement. Not as professional as what's found in the FB plans...but I'm just a frustrated pizza chef... Craig
Attached Thumbnails
New Oven-thermo.jpg   New Oven-thermo-side.jpg  
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Laborer

Craig,
Now that was a big help! Thanks very much. Do you think some type of cement or mortar is needed to hold it in place up in the firebrick? Also, the probes i purchased are 12" long and will need to be installed like your first attachment, down thru the entire hearth to work, i guess.
I also just realized that even though I am doing the walled enclosure instead of the igloo type oven, i will need a layer of insulfrax before filling the void with loose vermiculite. There were too many drawings and i overlooked it. Not sure if that stuff is available in Memphis. Where are you located? To post at 3:45 am you must be in a different time zone or a very light sleeper!
Jim Bob
Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Peasant

Jim Bob:

You're welcome..glad I could help with that. Unfortunately I can't help with your question about setting the probe in place from any personal experience as I haven't built an oven yet...but doing a quick search for "thermocouple" in the forum I found a thread in which one builder used a little mortar to set the probe and provide good thermal contact. It's at:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...t-do-2164.html (Thermocouples -- what to do?)

As far as telling your crew about building the oven, I highly recommend downloading the Instructions/Plans from this site....lots of good diagrams in there to help you communicate to a Spanish speaking worker. Also, go through this forum and find some threads where somebody discusses their build all the way through with pictures. That will give you a good understanding of the process and some more pictures to help show your guys what to do.

Some good ones include The Badger Build:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...uild-3726.html (The Badger Build)

My Old Kentucky Dome:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...sure-3002.html (My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure)

Or pick any yourself to look at:
Brick Oven Photos - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Until we move and I can build, I';m living vicariously through others via their threads...

Craig
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I've had 2 probes in my WFO for the last 9 months or so....

My oven was not finished.... I cut the wires while I began finishing. I didn't like the look of them sticking out and I don't really use them.... Just a thought.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics: