Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Dog's Brewing View Post
James, Thanks for the reply. I am planning on using that KAOwool hard board stuff. I work in an oil field so insulating materials are pretty easy to come by.
Tony
Tony,

I'm also using Kaowool Board for my insulation. I started a thread about it:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/k...oard-2588.html (Kaowool Refractory Ceramic Fiber Insulating Board)

You need to be very careful about getting it wet (tricky when laying the first two courses), but it is holding up just fine. I'm on my 6th course, the Kaowool is dry as a bone and very firm. It's supporting the weight just fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ken524; 10-12-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Apprentice

Tony, do you homebrew? Im interested in the name "Two Dog's Brewing".

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Serf

Ken,

I will admit I stole the idea from your Kentucky Dome. By the way it is awesome. I have been absolutely blown away and motivated beyond belief after looking at your project. FANTASTIC work. Thanks for the comments on the Kaowool.

Ok guys here is my first attempt at a picasa album, let me know if it works,

Picasa Web Albums - Tony - Tony's Pizza...

any and all comments good and bad are solely needed.

Brauma,

Yes I am a home brewer, I have a little microbrewery at my house. Been doing it about a year and a half. I just recently won a Silver Medal for my Kirkwood's Scottish Ale and a Bronze Medal on my Honey Amber Ale at the California Mid-State Fair.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Yes I am a home brewer, I have a little microbrewery at my house. Been doing it about a year and a half. I just recently won a Silver Medal for my Kirkwood's Scottish Ale and a Bronze Medal on my Honey Amber Ale at the California Mid-State Fair.
Thats awesome. Congrats on the awards.

I used to homebrew quite a bit. Then kids came along and I just havent gotten back into it. But I still have all of my equipment so its ready to go when I am.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Ken,
I will admit I stole the idea from your Kentucky Dome. By the way it is awesome. I have been absolutely blown away and motivated beyond belief after looking at your project. FANTASTIC work. Thanks for the comments on the Kaowool.
Awww shucks... Thanks for the compliments! I'm a complete beginner at this stuff. I have just been taking my time, looking at a LOT of pictures and having fun with it.

If I can do it, anyone can!

Updated!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Serf

Hi
to all
as i am new to this forum just a couple questions if any one can help

i can understand that you require storage for the wood. and then you build a
concreat base. for the fire can any explain will the fire be in the same part as the pizzsa

thanks Lee
Old 10-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP19 View Post
Hi
for the fire can any explain will the fire be in the same part as the pizzsa
Lee,

Welcome!

Yes, the fire will be inside the oven with the pizza. In order to use this type of oven for pizza, bread, roasts (or anything else) the bricks on the cooking surface, walls and dome must be completely saturated with heat.

The fastest, easiest method for saturating the bricks with heat is to build the fire inside the cooking chamber. The ovens are designed to "breathe" so the fire receives oxygen and can exhaust waste gasses through the vent/chimney.

Updated!

Old 10-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Serf

Hi Ken
thanks
can you tell me what the pizza stands on to cook i cannot seem to find pitchures whith the site. i understand building of the base and to insulate the slab. found pitchures of the fire bricks and chimney the bit i cannot understand is where does the pizza cook

cheers to all

lee
Old 10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Lee, go to the photo gallery and check out some of the work done by these great oven builders. You will find photos showing cooking of pizzas and foods with the logs bunings and flames flying high, allowing high levels of BTU's for heat. As said by many, you want constant heat for the pizzas, with lower temps for breads. You will start to know the threads that will help you clarify your own needs, and the members always willing to help.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP19 View Post
Hi Ken
the bit i cannot understand is where does the pizza cook
The pizza cooks right on the fire brick floor of the oven; no pizza pan if that's what you are asking.

As Acoma said, start browsing the photo gallery and reading threads on the various boards here. Lots of answers to basic questions are waiting for you.

Updated!