Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRad View Post
Alright gentlemen, I have been doing my research. I am starting to zero in on approximate real weight estimates and feel as though I may be headed in the direction of something modular, or if I wanted to still build it myself a refractory mold. Bummer part is I really wanted to build out of brick because of the huge cost savings and I love recycled materials.

I am stuck at 32" I believe due to weight and size constraints although 36" is not out of the question completely.

Question is do you think I should open a thread elsewhere for discussion on weight? Best I can tell nobody I can find has tried to put one of these on a raised deck and I think the conversation could be pertinent. Which forum would you recommend as this is still just research and not a build.....yet
If it were me, I think that:
I would start, and stay within my build thread. If you do the research questions, and the build questions on the the same thread. it is easier to follow, and to give educated answers. At least, for some of us "old farts" . It is difficult to follow someone who is starting a new thread for every question. The info from each thread is important to base an opinion. If all the questions and the route taken are consolidated to one thread, then it is easier for us/me to give advice.

Just Sayin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"There is a snake in the garden."
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Serf

Default Re: New Guy

Holy Crud Gulf, you ever look at something and feel like you're in way over your head? Your Picasa album just did that to me. I will start a build page so its only one thread, but I have to build the deck first so I am a ways away from actually building anything oven related. Nice lookin wfo!

cheers
Ty