Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Peasant

Default Re: New and excited

You are correct in your thinking. Its been cured. The oven doesn't know or care that it has a new owner
Old 08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronh View Post
You are correct in your thinking. Its been cured. The oven doesn't know or care that it has a new owner
Maybe you have to exorcise some of its demons with fire.
lwood likes this.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt View Post
Obviously I'm missing something then...my understanding was once the oven had been cured it didn't need to be done again, especially since it's been used for the past year on a somewhat regular basis, and although I refered to it as slightly used, it has already been cured. It's last meal from the previous owner was last week. So if I'm not correct in my thinking, could someone please advise me otherwise.
I think Brickie just wasn't aware that the Primavera 60 is a free-standing unit (on a stand). I'm assuming he was thinking that you'd be putting a used module system in place onto a new concrete/insulation pad...in which you would need some additional curing for the new hearth floor slab.

I'd still go a bit slow at first just so you get the hang of that nice little oven and its firing/heating profile...relax & enjoy! Maybe invite the previous owner over for some training tips, pizza, and an adult beverage for the first firing at the WFO's new home.
)

Photo albums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SableSprings; 08-24-2012 at 03:37 PM.