Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Peasant

Default Thanks for the welcome!

I appreciate the welcome!.

Thanks also for the information on the insulation. I have really enjoyed reading about many of the great builds that are chronicled on here.

What amount of roxsul would be equivalent to 3" of FB ceramic blanket? The roxsul is 3.5" as far as I know. My Home Depot has 40 packs in stock I was planning on ordering the ceramic board and blanket from FB because they are proven performers, but the shipping cost is high to Virginia. If I can source comparable products in the Washington DC area, I will.

Art nj and NCMan - I look forward to following your builds as we take the plunge together.

Greenman,GianniFocaccia, and Stonecutter - I have read through your builds (and many more) and can only hope to come close to their quality. I am sure I will have plenty of questions along the way.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: New build in Northern Virginia

Mike,

I hear ya on the prohibitive cost of shipping. I am certain there are a number of distributors of ceramic fiber board in your area since it is such a common product in refractory applications. I bought a product called Insboard 19 from the largest refractory manufacturer in the US, Harbison Walker, who has a Los Angeles distribution center. I've recommended them here several times to folks on the east coast.

I know its not Northern Virginia, but check 'em out. They're also known as ANH Refractories.

Refractory Products

John
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I got a fairly good deal from Distribution International. I found one in driving distance from me. They have several locations on the East Coast. Between this one, and John's recomendation, maybe you can find a distributor near you.

Good luck .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I got a fairly good deal from Distribution International. I found one in driving distance from me. They have several locations on the East Coast. Between this one, and John's recomendation, maybe you can find a distributor near you.

Good luck .
Thanks! They have a location about 30 minutes from me. The ANH / Harbison Walker distributor is several hours away.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Apprentice

Welcome! ... And SC... Thanks for the Roxul Suggestions. I will be going with that and then cover with some perlite to finish it off.

My Build -

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post

Good luck .
Gulf, what specific products did you use from distribution international?
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 AM
Peasant

Thanks for the welcome and help on this thread. I am starting the build and made a new thread in the Pompeii Oven Construction section.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/m...ild-20583.html (Mike's Northern Virginia Build)