Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Need Advice about wife

My wife was thrilled about having less yard to mow. You could bring that up. She would have me convert the back-yard into a tennis court if I offered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 07-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Peasant

Ken, I got it now. "Italian Wood Fired Oven" used to cook Italian Food. And of coarse I would have to cook the "Italian Food" because of the fire and everything. That has great possibilities. I still think I may need to keep it secret until it is done. Then surprise her at a big pizza...nope "Italian Food" party, with lots a people there so she could be too mad.

Kebwi, your wife mows the grass? or was she thrilled about YOU having less grass to mow? Good idea but I would be building my "Italian Wood Fired Oven" at our farm not at home.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have a strict no mowing policy. I do lots of other yard work, but I don't mow.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Peasant

Keith, is that a garden like basil or something on top of your "Italian Wood Fired Oven"?
How ingenious. It looks like it grows pretty good. Hummm I wonder how far a person could take that idea. No questions I bet about how fresh the basil is. Is that a real pizza or is it just photo shopped to look that good?

Hey, I just thought of something: an "Italian Wood Fired Oven" would be considered carbon neutral wouldn't it. Not like those people who want to destroy our planet using gas or electricity to cook their pizza. Which brings up the question of when will the "Government" require people to use "Wood Fired" ovens if they want to eat cooked food. Would we have food lines at our "Wood Fired" ovens of neighbors wanting to cook their meals? Actually that may happen anyway from what I hear.

All in fun. Gene
Old 07-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

EVERYone suggests growing herbs on top of the oven. Nope. It's just mixed ground covers. I wanted something low maintenance that would look good all the time, not annuals that die and look like crap and have to replanted all the time.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 07-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Peasant

I love plants and gardens. My wife's grandfather had a organic nursery for 40 years. (Before organic was cool) I used to love to go help in the green house etc. Unfortunately I can't grow a thing. (except weeds) everything looks like crap. So when I see pictures of yards like yours its quite amazing to me. Is it magic or something? Grow plants on an oven?
What did you need a challenge or something? Is a garden with dirt just too easy for people like you? (people with green thumbs).
Again all in good fun. Gene
Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Serf

Yeah, I know you said to stop reading after the first paragraph. But, lucky for you I didn't. My womanly suggestion is to make friends with someone who has one and ask them to invite you and your wife to their next pizza party. My boss did that for our staff. We all got to toss our own dough and make our own pizza. It was great. I just bought a Primavera60 as a result. I think if she can experience it herself, she'll have a blast and beg you to built one for her.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Peasant

Trish,
After 42 years of cooking for me, my wife would be most interested in ways that she can NOT cook. However, since you were so nice and wrote on this tread I will ask her what she thinks of your idea.

My newest idea is to have my grandson build the WFO. In my wife eyes he can do no wrong, so this might be the answer, I could just assist. Perfect solution. I'll report back on this idea too, see if it will fly.Gene
Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Serf

I guess there was a little lost in translation. I wasn't suggesting she cook . I thought you wanted her permission to build the oven and then once it was built you'd cook for her! Silly me ... Either way, I think it'll be something you both enjoy. Good luck. Trish
Old 07-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbecrazy View Post
Trish,
After 42 years of cooking for me, my wife would be most interested in ways that she can NOT cook. However, since you were so nice and wrote on this tread I will ask her what she thinks of your idea.

My newest idea is to have my grandson build the WFO. In my wife eyes he can do no wrong, so this might be the answer, I could just assist. Perfect solution. I'll report back on this idea too, see if it will fly.Gene

When i built my oven my wife shrugged and rolled her eyes, but after two years she is always asking me to cook pizza. Not only does it taste amazing it is a chance to have some quality time with the family!