Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Serf

Default Re: Just started gathering information

nice information!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trockyh View Post
I read some of the "what did you cook" thread to my wife and now she is really excited. Not just pizza and bread.
We are in a gourmet dinner club and out turn for dinner is next August. I know I will have it done by then.
I will post pictures as I go.
Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences. It's great to have such a resource.
I see that FB now offers a kit. I haven't checked pricing yet, but I'm thinking if it only costs $100 to ship to me, this is the way to go.

Tom
If I was starting over right now, I would probably go with the kit. They started offering them shortly after I had started mine, so I missed that opportunity. Pricing is fairly reasonable; you'd have to look hard to find much better, and in many cases you might have to travel quite a ways to multiple different vendors to get them.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Journeyman

I believe I would go with the kit also, were I to do it over again. The only thing about the kit I don't like is the floor are big pieces. I like the look of the traditional herringbone floor.

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: