Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Hello from UK.

I csat my first oven in the UK, it took me a few days to make the forms (And that is my job) I now live abroad and decided to build a brick oven, it only took 1 day, cost much less looks much better and I have never laid a brick in my life. Just use normal red brick for the dome and refractory brick for the slab.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Serf

Did the storage heater bricks work...I am thinking along the same lines...
Old 01-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Laborer

Hello simsavage and other U.K members

I am also interested in finding out if storage heater bricks work. After reading many posts on FB forum over the last 4 months I realise that there are many types of fire/refractory bricks and would like to know if storage heater bricks actually work in a wood-oven.

The problem here in Blighty is that fire-brick suppliers are very thin on the ground. Forno Bravo U.K have a good range of ready made/kit oven's and wood-oven accessories but to find builders merchants or suppliers of basic oven building materials is very difficult.

Because of this problem I have been trying to compile a list of suppliers in the U.K. Any Brits wishing to help with names info etc. can leave a message on my home page or( if it's O.K with FB mods) click on this link for more info

woodpizzaovenukforum :: Index

Terry (C.F)

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Serf

HI Folks.
Update on the materials used on my oven, finished in the summer-- I used the floor pamments, made from terracotta for the floor,very hard things ,but the diamond blade cut them ok in a hand held grindette. For the dome I purchased some bricks and the ready made mortar from Vitcas, they are so helpful it was worth every penny.