Old 08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Serf

Default Re: Hello ... from England

Great to meet you Mickfitz. I'm Layla and I'm new here too. My husband is designing an oven so I decided to get some information on the forum. I'd rather help him and avoid having him making a giant mess.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 AM
Serf

Hi Aureole,
Where did you get your firebrick from. At just over a pound that's a good price.

What size are they ?
Regards,
Mike.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Laborer

I got them from Midland refractories: it's a side-branch of Yorkshire Refractories (YSOL) - search the forum for "Yorkshire" and you'll see a load of references.

They also do the Ceraboard- you'll need 2 sheets and it's 60 a sheet: however, don't let it get wet, at all - it'll go very soft until it dries again. They'll set air-set mortar ready mixed (which isn't much use, except for setting the hearth bricks), and also some Penncrete. The Penncrete may be a useful hydralic mortar, but it doesn't have much adhesion - for that, ask them for the stuff with ball-clay in for extra stick - I spoke to the Penn refractory that makes it about this, so they definitely do it, I just didn't get it from Yorkshire refractories (and wished I did).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.