Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Hello from California

I've no idea about the Delta Crest 35. As a payback to the host for this great forum, I had no problems purchasing a few of the FB items in the store. You won't go wrong with the ceramic board sold in the Forno Bravo store.

I'd go with 3 inches depth if possible.

-
Old 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the info GJ. Do I just lay the board on the hearth slab, and the weight of the oven holds it down, or do I need to attach it to the slab? and if so, in what manner?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wait a minute. I know the bay area well. Gilroy may well be the garlic capital of the world, especially during the festivities, but to drive through, no. During the festivities, you might as well shut down the road and make it for pedestrians only. It is insane and incredible. Kind of like the pumpkin festival in half moon bay. Ahh, now I have to sell my home and move back, so many great memories. Darn, the kids are too young, give it a couple years.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wink Re: Hello from California

Hey, do we start a garlic pipeline from Gilroy now?

I'll trade a paella pan....for a nice braid!

XJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaJNKY View Post
Thanks for the info GJ. Do I just lay the board on the hearth slab, and the weight of the oven holds it down, or do I need to attach it to the slab? and if so, in what manner?
I used a 2" thickness of the SuperIsol board and, yes, the weight of the oven holds the board down.

J W
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Do I just lay the board on the hearth slab, and the weight of the oven holds it down, or do I need to attach it to the slab? and if so, in what manner?
I laid my insulating boards down into the wet concrete of my support slab: This way you don't have to worry about any slight out-of-flat situation and wobbling.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Journeyman

I used mortar to put my 3" insulation boards down, I knew the weight would keep them in place but I didn't want any movement when I started. I put my floor down on a fireclay/sand slurry and at times I wish I would have placed them on refractory mortar as well, especially the entrance way.

"It's time to go Vertical"

Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I did the same as you RC.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaJNKY View Post
So far I have dug out a 80" x 94" x 6" area for the foundation. Tomorrow the majority of the items listed on the "Materials needed" page, will be delivered to my house, and I will start the forms for the foundation. Getting Closer!
Wow! You don't mess around. I see the barb is buried deep already. Wecome. You are going to like it here. It seems that folks wacky enough to seek out and build a wood fired oven tend to stand out from the rest of humanity...in a good way. They seem to be more patient and friendly. I have found this to be a cool, happy place where folks are glad to share knowledge.

Don't forget to tell George you hail from the garlic capital of the world. Gotta show that civic pride!

dusty
Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

OK,
So next time down, I'll slow down and take the exit and try the garlic. I've got three books on garlic recipies alone.

-