Old 05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Greetings from South Louisiana

Tell yall what, as soon as I find the recipe section I will post one LOL.

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
CajunK,
Always frustrating to see final oven pics posted in the photo section and we don't even know who the people are who build them.
I have to agree Doc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunKnight View Post
Hmmm now you have my wheels turning in a different direction here. I have so many recipes tucked inside my head it isnt funny. Now to make them work in a WFO. I guess I need to build a WFO to start finding out. I can see doing redbeeans, gumbo or even a creole in the oven but rice and jambalaya I would have to stick to the burner method. UNLESS you start it on the burner and move to WFO to finish it off. Hmmm the possibilities are endless. BTW if anyone needs any recipes I can assist with that but be warned they are set for stoves, gas burners and camp fires so some changes may be needed. If there is a recipe you are interested in just droip me a message in my box then look for a post soon to follow.
Travis
I'm game!
Camping next week for me and my family.

BTW - Welcome aboard.
I would say the obsession has begun, but it seems you have had it a long time

My costs:

My pics:

Old 05-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Journeyman

Yes a very long time indeed. And I will be getting to know you all as much as possible before this gets underway I promise. The weather is getting a bit nasty and wet around here so it may be a lil longer before it can begin. Now for that recipe I promised...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...html#post32611

It may need to be tuned a bit for WFO but I also tossed in my ideas on how it would work so try it out. And for camping just follow the original directions and enjoy.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Journeyman

Well I guess it is time tho...

I am Travis, I have lived in south Louisiana all my life (44 years) I am a mechanic and was a sheriff's deputy for many years. I am located about an hour north of New Orleans and love it here. I can visit the city anytime I want but dont have to live there.
I love to cook and 12 years ago I met and soon married an amazing woman that has the same passion about food and cooking as I do. We actually get along in the kitchen.
I just finished constructing my new rotisserie (3 days worth during breaks at work) for roasting whole hogs and plan on using it in about 3 weeks. My old one finally gave up after many cookings. Sharp knives, clean cutting boards and cast iron cookware is the only way to go.
I help build a WFO back in the 80's and want one of my own so it seems like I might really get the lead out this time. Lets hope so anyway.