Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Peasant

Default Re: G'Day from Redcliffe, Qld

Necro posting!

My idea of hand building a brick pizza oven and decorating it in a byzantine style along with an internal rotating spit have had to be scaled down somewhat, looks like I will be pulling the trigger on a Casa2G100 because despite the fact that I don't actually do anything, I have no spare time and I would rather have a paint by numbers pizza oven than no pizza oven.

We are getting the front of the house concreted and I have asked the man to come out back and quote for pouring a slab for the pizza oven. My brother in law the welder is heading off so the metal frame will not be happening and it looks like besser blocks will be going in. Less storage (I have been saving up all year and I have about 20 milk crates worth of dried wood, mostly from cutting down the branches overhanging the pizza oven site).

I will build a BBQ next to the pizza oven, I took the old one down to make way for the pizza oven base, just a load of dry stacked bricks and half an oil drum, I think I can do better now we are getting serious!

Thanks for all the advice from the forum, will be uploading some pictures when it is done, will now be going for a Santorini style, better than nothing!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
It isn't paint by numbers to have a prebuilt shell.....smart... cuts down your build time. Trust me though you have enough to do building the slab base much less decoration. I was eating pizza for months before the oven stoped being a building zone
just enjoy the journey....the pizza a fringe benifit

regards dave
Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Peasant

Eyes on the prize!

I have a feeling that mine will look like a pile of besser bricks for a while. Stil, you have to start somewhere!