Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

View Poll Results: Can you attend Forno Bravo Expo, Monterey, CA Feb 27-28 2010?
Definitely. Sign me up. 19 30.65%
Possibly. I won't know for a while. 22 35.48%
I want to come, but can't do that weekend. 3 4.84%
No. I can't make it. 18 29.03%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

James,

Great idea!

For those of us who probably can't make it, maybe you take some video of seminars, Q&A sessions, or even the whole weekend in general, and dump it to DVD or ebook it and sell it through the FB store, for a low, low, introductory price of course.

It can be billed as The First Annual...... those first annual things can become a real collectors item after a few years

John
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Apprentice

James - I love the idea and plan on being there. I also really like JAGs idea about maybe trying to do some filming for those that can't make it.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I really like the filming idea. We will have to get a volunteer to do that, and then FB can post it our YouTube channel.

Nice idea.

Telehort, do you want to present a session on mobile ovens?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Laborer

Since James has decided to have this Expo in his back yard (figuratively speaking), I figured I would help by promoting the Monterey Penisula as a great place to come to. For those that are relatively local (Northern and Central California), you know. But for those who may have to justify the trip, either in their own minds, or to their sigificant others, here are some reasons to come (other than for the pizza and the company!) - in no particular order:

Shopping and Restaurants - Carmel-By-The-Sea for the upscale art gallaries. Cannery Row and Old Fisherman's Wharf for the more touristy attractions.

Wine Tasting Tour - We may not be Sonoma Valley, but Monterey can hold its own (so I am told - I am not a wine drinker).

Golfing - Come out a couple of weeks early, and see Bill Murray on the links at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Otherwise, bring your clubs and money!

Monterey Bay Aquarium - The whale tank in Star Trek IV The Voyage Home was located here thru movie magic (the aquarium is real, the whale tank is not).

Drive down Hwy 1 south of Carmel towards Big Sur - bring your camera, but keep your eyes on the road! Where the mountains meet the sea...

Take a race driving class at Laguna Seca raceway (not cheap, by the way!).

If you are nuts, bring your surfboard and wetsuit and surf (they are out there any time of the year, no matter how cold).

If you are REALLY nuts, bring your drysuit and scuba gear and dive the kelp fields - and no, the water never really warms up (needless to say, I am a warm-water diver).

Whale watching tour, or a harbor tour to see the sea lions, sea otters, etc.

If you bring your dog, Carmel beach is an off-leash area where your pooch can frolick in the surf and sniff other dogs.

As far as the weather is concerned, this area rarely gets real hot (as compared to Arizona, where I used to live), and rarely gets real cold (as compared to Connecticut, where I used to live). But Feb.-March timeframe will require a jacket. And it does occasionally rain in the winter, so be prepared.

Come Early. Stay Late. Have Fun.
Ed
Old 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

First time I've ever wanted to go to California....

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Apprentice

James,
I will certainly think about that. I have in-laws in Santa Cruz and they have wanted me to bring my oven down many times, but the whole highway 17 thing kinda freaks me out pulling a 2 ton oven up and over the hill but I think I have milked that excuse about as long as I can so this may be a great reason for me to bring it down :-)
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Laborer

Telehort,
Take Hwy 101 South to Prunedale, then Hwy 156 West to Castroville ("The Artichoke Capital of the World" for you non-locals), then Hwy 1 North to Santa Cruz. The hill on 101 may strain your engine, but no curves like on Hwy 17! It is a little longer, but a lot easier. And to get to Monterey is straight down 1. Sorry to ruin your excuses!
Ed
Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

It's true -- the 156 isn't that bad. :-)

Either way, we will have FB ovens available for demo -- just nothing on wheels without you!
James

Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Journeyman

ohhh! a convention for WFO geeks! Sign me up! That would be awesome payback to s.o. for all the tech geekery NorCal trips I've had to take.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

hey james,,

when you do the web research,, can you set it up for the east coast too ??? there may be a lot of us in the east who couldnt make a trip to CA but we do have a few convention centers here in NY & NJ that have cooking and restaurant shows every year, that would be a great place for you to sell ovens !!
Mark