Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Introductions

View Poll Results: Can you attend Forno Bravo Expo, Monterey, CA Feb 27-28 2010?
Definitely. Sign me up. 19 30.65%
Possibly. I won't know for a while. 22 35.48%
I want to come, but can't do that weekend. 3 4.84%
No. I can't make it. 18 29.03%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Forno Bravo Expo 2010

Henry -- we are looking forward to seeing your project move forward. It was great for me to learn about your country's traditional oven. For everyone to understand a little more, Henry in from Georgia (the country) where they build a brick oven that is shaped somewhat like a Tandoor. It if fired in the bottom, is open topped and the breads are baked on the oven walls. It sounds very interesting, and I am going to watch with interest as you go through the construction process.

You might want to start making postings in the Alternative Ovens section of the forum.

Also, good luck finding a crew of masons who can tackle the project. I will let you know if I have any leads.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Dmun,

That is an interesting perspective. The castable material we use in the dome/vent assembly is basically the same composition, purity and density as a high-quality medium duty firebrick. It's great stuff (and expensive). I also think the dome and vent design is very good -- if I don't say so myself. :-)

The dome is cast using a two-sided form on a vibrating table -- which is a higher quality process than the single-sided, hand packed form that most other pre-cast oven producers use.

What is the right term, or phrase, to capture this?
James

Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Peasant

Both my wife and myself had a great time. Food and chefs were outstanding and looking forward to the next one. Hopefully the weather will cooperate a litle more next time, but all you had to do is stand closer to the opening of one of the ovens to get rid of the chill
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey folks,

We posted the slideshow for FB Expo 2010. You can find it here:

Forno Bravo Expo 2010 Slideshow

James