Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Ferro Cement Pizza Oven

Geoff,
Looking forward to your posts on the progress. I think mine's been successful and just hope its not a fluke. If yours turns out okay, I think that we'll have a third ferro-cement pizza started in the spring. Our last party, we had an Italian lady here that really wants one in her backyard. Her husbands's not willing to go the price of brick or a pre-fab, so it'll be concrete if he decides to build her one. Since mine's been so experimental, he's not quite ready to take the plunge.
Actually, I haven't done a pig yet. In fact, I haven't used the big cold smoker oven for anything other than as a place to put flaming logs into if I have too many in the pizza oven when its time to cook... between the oyster roaster and the pizza oven, I've pretty much have satisfied all the cooking needs so far and have not expanded out to the full cooking capacity. Its oyster season again, so there'll be a couple of roasts soon. After that, I really do plan to do at least half a pig.
Thanks for the invite to Calif, but I rarely get out that way...I was in San Fran in July, but doubt that I'll have a return trip any time soon.