Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   CajunKnight not doing well (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/cajunknight-not-doing-well-6998.html)

james 06-12-2009 01:39 PM

CajunKnight not doing well

I heard from CajunKniight's wife this morning, and I am greatly saddened to say that he is not doing well. His cancer has spread and he may only have a few days left. I have exchanged messages with Yvonne, his wife, and they have been working together on his oven and other projects, but now she writes,

"He has battled this cancer for as long as he can and he's tired. please let your respective communities know that I will not be checking his account until that day that I send the final email. If anyone wants me to read something to him then reply to yvonnentravis@yahoo.com and I will read your message to him.

Thanks for your time and support.

Yvonne."

Our thoughts and wishes are with them both.
James

RTflorida 06-12-2009 03:08 PM

Re: CajunKnight not doing well

So sad. These situations are the only things that leave me at a loss for words. Not much can be said that is truly comforting.

God bless CK, Yvonne, friends and family.

RT

Dino_Pizza 06-12-2009 08:33 PM

This is so sad. I looked over Travis pics of him and all his friends working on his oven. Travis posts and words of encouragment to me and others will be missed. My thoughts are with him and his wife.

Les 06-12-2009 09:42 PM

It is sad. You go back in time when he started this project - before this crap got into his body - he was life, and his oven seemed to be a mission. Even after it was diagnosed, he remained more positive then I could ever be. Don't mean to rant, but I hate cancer - in ANY friggen form.

Les...

telehort 06-12-2009 10:12 PM

As tough as it is to come up with something to say, we're a great little family here and while most of us will never meet in person, we all share a passion and spirit which connect us.
I pray that his remaining days are peaceful and without pain.

Frances 06-13-2009 06:30 AM

That is so sad. Even though we've never met, I feel I'm loosing a friend.

CanuckJim 06-13-2009 08:28 AM

One of the finest things about this forum is the vibrant collective spirit, determined collective drive, that it contains and engenders. Travis is a perfect embodiment of both those forces, as much as anyone here. I'm sure it's safe to say that our spirit is with him at this time among all others. We are with you CK.

Jim

texassourdough 06-13-2009 01:00 PM

News like this always makes me feel so fortunate to have caught my cancer early. I only wish everyone could be so lucky! My best to CK and Yvonne!
Jay

sarah h 06-16-2009 07:44 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this latest news - CK & Yvonne, please know I'm thinking of you.

Sarah

Johnny the oven man 06-17-2009 05:17 PM

Good luck Cobber, from " Down under "