Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Brick Oven (Gas fired)

I really need to say that it is the policy of Forno Bravo that gas burners shouldn't be used in home brick ovens, because they aren't safe. I think this discussion should be taken elsewhere.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have to agree with David, this thread keeps getting closer and closer to disaster. It is one thing to propose and build a gas oven professionally with all of the correct components that one would see in a commercial application - sorry to say, in my opinion, this build has "jerry rig", "backyard built" written all over it. Home made burners? pieced together, basically, experimental components?
This is GAS, in an ENCLOSED space, WITHIN YOUR HOME! Dude, there is no fudge factor here, if you guess wrong - your DEAD, or at the very least - BLOW UP YOUR HOUSE.

I promise...I will not post another word on this thread, and I hope the forum agrees that none of us need to be encouraging or offering advice via an online forum on such a potentially dangerous topic.

RT
Old 12-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi guys,

I have to agree with Dmun. FB does not want anyone to think that a gas burner is a safe alternative in a residential oven -- and I want to say again that the danger is greater than someone getting burned, and we recommend strongly against using a gas burner in a home oven.

I want to ask that you guys move this discussion to a new location outside of www.fornobravo.com. Thanks for your understanding.

Here is the FB position (again) on gas fired home ovens.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

James
Attached Files
File Type: pdf why_not_gas.pdf (138.0 KB, 209 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 12-25-2009 at 09:09 PM.