Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Another UK oven started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
- picture 1, the pine cooking table. This and the four chairs were at a giveaway price from ebay, and the marble slab was another ebay find for £1.20. I've been using the marble slab to make the pizzas on, as it seems easier to get the peel under them that way
I'm going to buy a second marble slab to set next to the one I already have. We're finding that the pizza making is going one to 1 1/2 at a time, while the oven can bake more. I think that's called a bottleneck.

With the second slab, we can get family dinner baked more quickly and everyone's pizza is hot at the same time.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Apprentice

This is really a great setup Carl. Congratulations.

W.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Apprentice

Thanks everyone - couldn't have done it without you all, and especially this forum. I got my cheapo marble slab as an ugly 'occasional table' - by taking its legs off it gave me a nice slab to work on. Good old ebay.

My oven's only a small one, so I don't think I'll have your bottleneck James! Top recipe & pizza guide by the way - this was the first time I'd ever made proper pizza, and the instructions couldn't have been easier to follow.