Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   another Michigan build? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/another-michigan-build-3882.html)

SpringJim 04-24-2008 11:19 AM

another Michigan build?

Hi All,

I’m a guy with a WFO oven in a foreign land that I get to play with it in the winter sun.......
SpringJim is my aka for when I’m away from my oven.
Otherwise I’ve been called all sorts of things…..

I want to build a semi-portable pizza oven which is proving to be a fun challenge.....it's currently bouncing around those active brain cells.

Oh, and I also love red wine, big jugs and paella……;-)

SJ

....hope to enjoy the dejavu ride as much as the first.....

RTflorida 04-24-2008 12:40 PM

Re: another Michigan build?

Jim, nice to see you are still with us...even if under an assumed name.
Although not much of a wine drinker...I do appreciate the jugs and paella.

RT

james 04-24-2008 04:40 PM

How was the flight? :-)

I've never thought of having two personalities -- are you different in different places??

Welcome back -- which one do you call back, or home? Everyone said welcome back to Carrie when we got "back" to California, and she said "it's not back for me." :-)

James

james 04-24-2008 04:45 PM

How was the flight? :-)

I've never thought of having two personalities -- are you different in different places??

Welcome back -- which one do you call back, or home? Everyone said welcome back to Carrie when we got "back" to California, and she said "it's not back for me." :-)

James

gjbingham 04-24-2008 08:22 PM

SpringJim,
I'd buy a prefab one that you see along the roads in those foreign lands and plop it on a trailer. Get some good good shocks on that trailer though.

Frances 04-25-2008 04:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its nice to see that as some people leave the forum, new members join it and so take their place...

As a welcome, SpringJim, let me post a photo for you here. I took it a while ago, for some reason or other which currently doesn't spring to mind. But I just have this feeling that you might like it... :)

Frances 04-25-2008 05:14 AM

...Oooooh, hey ....I just thought of a really neat way of getting multiple votes on all the polls!!! :D

SpringJim 04-25-2008 07:56 AM

James, was that spring of two posts for? the two personalities?

GB gave me the idea with his post:
:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjbingham (Post 27119)

This is my 999th post. I think I'm done here for awhile. You all have been a great source of inspiration to me, and a great pass-time over the last 6 months. I think I'm done posting till I have the pizzaiolo skills with the oven to claim the name implied with the title. Ciao a tutti! Boun appetito! Buona fortuna! (especially Hendo)_

I just copied the old man with the baby and the bun:
;)

This is my 999th post. I think I'm done here for awhile. You all have been a great source of inspiration to me, and a great pass-time over the last 18months. I think I'm done posting till I have the pizzaiolo skills with the oven to claim the name implied with the title. Ciao a tutti! Boun appetito! Buona fortuna!

but it even seemed to spring over his head....
:rolleyes:

So maybe Xabia sleeps till we get back to Spain, or I get the Michigan oven going.....or....who knows what the future at the FB Forum brings?

Xcept more posts!

Jim

nice pic Frances

RTflorida 04-25-2008 08:38 AM

Frances...dare I ask...is that...is that a big knocker?

gjbingham 04-25-2008 10:11 AM

Ooooooh, I love big knockers! Thanks for sharing Frances!

SpringJ - I'm not quite that dense - close, but not quite. I saw it immediately. You must have missed my reply (XJ's check out - I sure will miss him), which was what you wrote after my goodbye post - "George checked out.....I sure will miss him". You were probably jet lagged. :)

Six sudden posts from a newbie named SJ, located in Spring Lake (Mapquest had no problem finding one in Michigan) was impossible to miss. I was just taunting you a bit.

Now -we want pics of that build dammit! Get going! No rest for the weary. :)