Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Tools, Tips and Techniques

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Work out your brick bond before you start.

Here is that display house I said about earlier with the cuts over the front entrance, its 4 not 6, but still, work it out before hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Work out your brick bond before you start.-cuts.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Laborer

Brickie in Oz

Just surfing the forum and re-found this thread of yours. Since posting in this thread I've built another oven and your title "Work out your brick bond before you start" was very important to me in making sure full bricks were laid over a wall containing 3 arches.....

setting out the bond.....

resulting in full brick bond over the arches..

Hope you don't mind me posting this as it may help people understand the importance of this thread title.

Terry

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

A hint: if you are using 8" bricks (7.5+.5), make sure the size of your structure is divisible by 8. For example 5 feet (sixty inches) isn't divisible by eight.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannyfradock View Post
Brickie in Oz

Just surfing the forum and re-found this thread of yours. Since posting in this thread I've built another oven and your title "Work out your brick bond before you start" was very important to me in making sure full bricks were laid over a wall containing 3 arches.....

setting out the bond.....

resulting in full brick bond over the arches..

Hope you don't mind me posting this as it may help people understand the importance of this thread title.

Terry
Nice work, and you even worked out for the arches NOT to have a split over them, a true professional..

PS, I think its time you treated yourself to a new level.....

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Laborer

Hello Al

I appreciated your kind words. I have visited your website on many occasions but I've only just read the entirety of your 2nd oven build. Never mind the fancy arches....That's one sexy beast you have built there.

Terry

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannyfradock View Post
Hello Al

I appreciated your kind words. I have visited your website on many occasions but I've only just read the entirety of your 2nd oven build. Never mind the fancy arches....That's one sexy beast you have built there.

Terry
Thanks Terry.
I have deleted my website as I got sick of all and sundry pinching my content and posting it on their own websites.