Old 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Vacuum sealing tucker.

We have one we use for avoiding freezer burn on Bambi. Lots of Bambi. Ground Bambi, Bambi sausage, Bambi steaks. Can you tell my husband got 3 last fall? I think I made close to 100 pounds of sausage. My KitchenAid (I know it isn't the best, but good old Dinah is a trooper) plowed thru it all.

We don't have trouble with liquids from ground meat, but we also tend to get it pretty dry before we seal it up. I did have some trouble with a couple of the sausage recipes which had added liquids, but you get pretty good at stopping before you suck it all up where the sun doesn't shine... and bleach water cleans out the trough pretty well.

Works really well to prevent freezer burn. don't forget to label the bags, though, or you don't know what you're looking at (except in my case, I do know. chances are...it's some form of Bambi, )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Journeyman

Yes! Label them. How many times have you said to yourself - oh, ... I'll remember. I can't say how many times I've played "Guess what this is?" as I stared at a frozen bag. Of course, a slow thaw usually proves me wrong.
Now I have at least 6 Sharpie's in the kitchen.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I've lived that reality too many times pizzapolice. Pork? I thought it was chicken!!!

-