Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Time to Cure the concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
We had an in-ground pool installed this past summer. They did cantilever forms over the edges of the pool. Guess what I asked the "See-Ment" guys after they were done?

Guilty as charged

Cordially,
HGTV Addict
Now that's funny!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I like home improvement shows (there's one of us in every crowd, I know) but I can't ever remember seeing one where they were going ape - or even really concerned about - pulling the forms off. ~shrug~ Personally, I wouldn't have pulled them off until absolutely necessary anyway - there's no rush, why not give it the extra time? My Dad didn't pull the forms off our porch slab for six months - since it was getting too cold to work he just left them until work could resume.

Come to think about it, there was one episode of Monster House where they were nervous about getting the forms off. They'd had to demo a slab that was a foot thick (why the heck would you pour that much concrete for a patio slab?) and had been there for 40+ years so it took a lot longer than expected so the pour was delayed. But their concern was because they had to have everything done in five days - maybe having construction workers competing on a TV show isn't the best way to get work done?

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The how to shows can be a good source for ideas, especially for those without much DIY experience who are looking to branch out. Problem - many people don't apply common sense after watching and forget.....this is TV. As with every show, there is considerable editing and behind the scenes work going on that is never shown; we all know this, but many forget after getting caught up in the excitement of thinking - I can do that, or I want to do that.

As with anything that can disrupt or drastically change your lifestyle - or drain you bank account - Educate yourself. This forum being a great source (Again that common sense thing comes into play).
I certainly understand where Uno is coming from, seems the vast majority of people want everything fast and of course cheap. The modern, technological world has made be people believe that Rome or the modern equivelent can be built in a day.
And yes, I do watch HGTV, Discovery Home, Discovery,and TLC