Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Tile saw for cutting brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda View Post
Guess I'll have to keep looking for this elusive 10" wet saw from harbor freight for $200. I searched their website and didn't see it, but then again, I miss lots of things. Thanks again, folks.
I think there are two different Harbour Freight websites... I read something about the company splitting in two.

You might have better luck visiting a store if there is one near you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It does not appear when you do a "wet saw" search on the HF site; a "tile saw" search wil bring it up. Item number is 95385-4VGA. It appears their long standing sale is NOT currently going on - the price is currently $249. I bought mine over a yr. ago "on sale" for $199 and $29 for the blade.

RT
Old 05-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Master Builder

Here is a link...unfortunately current price is higher than the $200 I mentioned but sometimes is on sale...
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
Best
Dutch
Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Journeyman

Harbor doesnt always show sale prices. call the store and ask when it will be on sale again. If you get the right one on the line they will do it up right and let you have it for the sale price. At least I have had good luck with that here.

My 44" oven in progress...

Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Peasant

Thanks, guys. That's probably the one I'll get.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Apprentice

Hmmm i need one too ill look into this one.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Serf

A new HF opened up last week in Worcester, MA. I picked up the HF tile/brick saw for $180 (sale price of $199.99 minus 10% grand opening discount). The grand opening flyer coupon is good through July 1.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Laborer

but what about in the uk what would you use any thoughts? cheap
Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Laborer

And what about in Australia? This is what Bunnings have to offer: Looks like it might be the type that gets you messy with every cut?

450W RYOBI® Wet Tile Cutting Saw (180mm) (ETC450) - Bunnings Warehouse
Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Apprentice

That was the type I used. It did get a little bit wet, and I did have to cut each brick twice... cut one side, flip it over, cut the other; but it was certainly better than nothing, and since I had borrowed the tool from a friend the price was right. I had to temporarily modify the blade guard, which normally keeps the water from flying. If you remove it to allow the brick to pass, water sprays everywhere; so I remounted the guard on a flange that would allow the brick to fit. It kept most of the water in place.

If you want to do precise cuts, the other type would be better; but for me , this worked fine. If I were doing more than one oven, I would definitely invest in another saw, but for a one-off project, it was all I needed.