Old 02-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Round Stand

I was Googling and found this. It looks like a steel water main or drain pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Round Stand-155.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Peasant

I'm with D, build it out of bricks, should be very cheap some one always looking to get rid of extras if your not that picky. Drive a big steel stake into the center point. Cut a board with a point on one end round off the other and drill a hole about the size of the steel stake. Kind of like a giant clock hand, then as you lay your brick you take the point around with you making sure your staying round. When you finnish the course take off the wood and lay a cored brick, the ones with the holes, over the stake this will keep the tool around the same height of the next course. I would do at least three rings thick.

I used to work for a guy who built fountians, I used to get dizzy laying bricks in a circle.

Good Luck
John

make sure the stake is solid and plum in all directions
Old 02-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Laborer

This is what I love and hate about this site. You can get fantastic tips from guys like John who have been there, done that and at the same time feel like an idiot for not thinking of something so simple. I've been reading, reading and reading here for about three week and feel like I've can almost build this thing in my sleep. Oh, wait I have built it in my sleep. Many times. The hard part now is figuring out how I'm gonna be able to wait till September to start my WFO build.

Phil
Old 02-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Well, brick are a good option, but for a standard modular brick, that is a pretty tight radius. Make sure you are OK with the look before you buy a bunch of bricks. You may have to cut halfs or thirds.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:28 PM

I think the zig zag look of round things built of rectangular bricks is pretty cool. You could also cut the bricks in half at an angle to give yourself a uniform mortar gap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.