Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Premio Oven Build

thanks for all the encouragement. I've had to make one update. I've decided to run a 120v line to the island so I can have a point source water header under the sink. I'm going to use a 2.5gal one from EEMAX that seems to have good reviews. I figured after all this work it would be a shame to not have both hot and cold water at the sink. Unfortunately Winters are cold here so we'll have to keep it dry from mid October to mid April. These heaters are about $160 in price (from Amazon) and plug into a regular outlet.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Peasant

more progress this weekend. Installed cabinets. Cabinets still need the handles attached. Ran the water line to the island, set the sink, drilled the hole for the faucet using a 1.5" core drill bit, ran 110v to the island on a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the point source EEMax water heater. All that remains is the roof and chimney cap piece. Those will be cut at the quarry today.
Attached Thumbnails
Premio Oven Build-pizza11.jpg   Premio Oven Build-pizza12.jpg   Premio Oven Build-pizza13.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Peasant

Oven completed, roof on, just the patio remains. This was a bit more effort than we originally intended, but overall I'm pleased with the results. I especially like how the stone roof turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
Premio Oven Build-pizza1.jpg   Premio Oven Build-pizza2.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Peasant

out of curiosity, what would a professional contractor charge for such a build?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Peasant

With the oven cured we had a party this weekend and made 24 medium sized pizzas. Some lessons learned. It does take from 60 to 90 minutes to gently bring the heat up to 900F. We started cooking when the floor was 700F and that seemed to be good for us. At some point the floor was close to 800F and it took very close pie management to keep things from burning. We had one person on dough, one person on toppings, and one person at the oven. We managed to do 24 pies in about an hour. Less is more with the toppings. Buffalo mozzarella is just amazing. Olives add a nice touch. Items like bell peppers just didn't seem to cook in the 90 seconds to 2 minutes required to cook a pizza. I'm going to guess more heavily loaded pies would work better at a lower temp, but I'm sure there's a technique I have got yet. The Forno Bravo oven is well designed. It does exactly what it's designed to do. I really does work as advertized. So few things in this world do that. We had small bits of hardwood at the ready to toss in the fire during the process. At piece or two every 15 minutes seemed to work best for us.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
If you like bell peppers on you pizza precook them like this. Cut the end of and deseed , wrap in kitchen wrap into a microwave a cook for a couple of mins or until it flattens down. Wrap the pepper with the kitchen wrap still on in a towel and leave for 10mins . You'll find that the hard outer skin will peel of real easy now and the fruit par cooked perfect for pizza. You can keep it you fridge for a few weeks if you put it in a clean jar and fill with olive oil to exclude the air. Caramelized onion can be stored the same way.
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Peasant

that's a good tip. the olives, pepperoni, tomatoes all can cook within the 90 seconds to 2 minutes. right now there's a rack of ribs cooking in the after heat. another thing that I think I'm going to get is a wooden peel to place and a smaller round metal peel for moving. I have a long and short rectangular metal peel and used the short metal to place and deliver back to the house. The rectangular metal peel is not ideal for moving it around the oven. It can be done, but it wasn't ideal. Now I see why people have a collection of peels. About the only think I really want now is a set of long tongs for moving around logs and placing wood after the fire is started. I also think I'm going to get a set of long welder's gloves. I no longer have any hair on my forearms.