Old 05-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Polishing concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
Thanks,
I feel the speed required is around halfway between it's max and min, is this correct, I really have no idea. When I ordered the machine I forgot that it would be a 110v. We operate on 240v so I had to also buy a step down power converter.No matter, I can now get more 110v tools. Could not find any small concrete polishing equip in Australia. No wonder we have no manufacturing sector left when you can't even obtain the right tools locally.
That may be OK David. My polisher has the variable speed dial numbered 1-5 (or 6..can't remember) and I don't use it higher than 3.5 for what I do, unless I am sharpening my carbide stone chisels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 05-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Polishing concrete

One more thing David and anyone interested. Get some diamond hand pads too. They are better for relieving edges, inverted surfaces ( after install, or keeps you from having to flip your piece) and sand small detail work (profiles). They are a compliment to the polisher and will help you turn out some clean work.

If you look at the pieces in my thread, you can see examples between the finishes using hand pads and a polisher. The watertable pieces on my wfo are all hand sanded to 600, were as the fp hearth is 3000, then buffed. I have yet to seal and wax the watertable, that will make them a bit more polished. The two finishes are like a honed vs polish.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 05-19-2013 at 06:13 AM.