Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Tools, Tips and Techniques (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   Never, Ever do this!! (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/never-ever-do-3638.html)

jeff 03-27-2008 07:33 AM

Never, Ever do this!!

1 Attachment(s)
Folks,
I was putting together a perfectly respectable WFO in a quiet country setting. Almost done. Just a subdued, sandstone-effect (Ulurish, even) to complete the exercise.
So what happens?
I go into town. Upon return, there's me flamin Dog with a huge grin all over her ugly mug, and ochre all over her flamin tail; proud as punch she was.....and then I saw the oven! OH S...!
(Next thing ther'll be big black dog tracks over the bloody thing!)
Man's best friend indeed.
Crap.
And you know what really hurts? She types faster than me, but that mongrel left ochre all over the keyboard.
Bloody she-dogs, eh.
Bitch indeed.
Thanks for listening. I do feel better, but any/all counselling appreciated.
I remain The Bitche's Servant,
Idiot Jeff.
ps. out of the loop for a day or three.Stay safe you mob. teach.

krosskraft 03-27-2008 07:58 AM

Re: Never, Ever do this!!

Oh Jeff, sincere condolences! We have been very slow to replace our beloved pet that died 3 years ago......we like not having dog hair all round. But lets talk about the oven....high marks to you. I like your rotisserie idea next to it as well. I had only seen the close up of that. As we would say in the South, "Thats so pretty it would make you wanna slap yer mama." You have certainly given me some words to look up like Luddite and Uluru so I though I would reciprocate with some Southern phrases.

james 03-27-2008 11:36 AM

Our seven month lab is leading our "mature" lab astray. They've been getting out of your yard through a hole in the fence (remember the tree that fell in the storm?) and running down to the ocean -- across a pretty fast road. I think they've been in just about every home in the neighborhood, and it was getting pretty embarrassing having them brought back all the time.

So, I put an electric fence with shock collars. So far, so good.

Jeff, ecellente oven painting. Would you say -- good on ya? Well done in British. We said buon lavoro to a little girl in a restaurant once, and her parents couldn't help but laugh out loud. Clearly, "good job" doesn't translate into Italian.

James

jengineer 03-27-2008 12:07 PM

drop a little acid did 'ya - flash back time

egalecki 03-27-2008 12:11 PM

Ah. As the proud owner of 2 1/2 labs, (we don't know what the other half is), I can tell you you won't ever own your couch again. But they're so happy to see you when you get home! Every time!

I'm off to a horse show this weekend, but I'll be planning my oven in between holding my daughter's horse, shoes, boots, saddles, etc. etc. etc. I almost have the whole thing laid out in my head. Now on to paper. (is is bad to dream about the thing?)

asudavew 03-27-2008 07:31 PM

Well at least the mongrel can paint!

Dang Luddite!

Dave, the Duddite

asudavew 03-27-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egalecki (Post 27694)
(is is bad to dream about the thing?)

Dreams quickly become an obession.

Poor you!

Until you cook in one!

Get after it already!!

D

Inishta 03-27-2008 10:08 PM

teach..............looks like the mutt could use a bit of therapy..............:D

Awesome paint job..............and somehow very appropriate.

:cool:

gjbingham 03-27-2008 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice work Jeffy - uh, Jessie. Pretty cosmic view of the universe on the side of that dome!

I thought labs were somewhat smart. Mine's as dumb as a rock. Anyone with food is his master. Sure will miss him after he runs away again! (tomorrow) :) Here's bubba (Bear).

david s 03-30-2008 04:42 AM

Jeff,
I love your artwork on the oven. What was your technique for its application ?