Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Tools, Tips and Techniques (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   My dog ate the Infrared (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/my-dog-ate-infrared-3900.html)

james 04-25-2008 05:55 PM

My dog ate the Infrared

It's true. Our 7 month old, but still incredibly immature, labrador destroyed my trusty Forno Bravo infrared thermometer. It had travelled across the Atlantic and back a couple of times and worked great, but it was no match for a dog.

So I ordered the new FB infrared thermometer from the FB Store, and I can report that is is very cool. It is sleeker, and it has a food temperature probe built in.

I'm still angry with the puppy, but at least I have a new toy.

James

RTflorida 04-25-2008 06:37 PM

Re: My dog ate the Infrared

James, you know what they say - there are no bad dogs, only bad owners;)

OK, so my previous dog ate the wood siding on the house, my daughter's socks, several pair of leather shoes, and a very expensive suede/knit sweater :eek: - but he WAS really bad:mad:

One word of advice - ALPO:D

Good luck training him...remember, he is your best friend, don't be too mad at him.

Dutchoven 04-25-2008 08:30 PM

Being an experienced dog owner...you have at least a year to go of "puppy"...expecially in a labrador...we are Rhodesian Ridgeback breeders...they are hounds...and even still our youngest at just over 2 years old now...has just had a game with a bag of perlite in recent days...days gone past include TV remotes, ceiling fan remote, shoes, insoles from shoes...many more I'm sure but just can't remember
A good rule is don't let them do as a puppy what you don't want to have them do as an adult.
Best
Dutch

nissanneill 04-25-2008 09:21 PM

James,
you can't blame the dog, labradores don't do any wrong. (I had one for 14 years).
We are having to make our house 'grandchildren proof' and you should know to make your place puppy proof!
Although I sympathise, :D, you came out on top with your new toy but keep it out of reach.

Neill

gjbingham 04-25-2008 09:37 PM

Great posts! My 4 month old lab ate my trailer wires for the brake lights on my boat. Then it ate the wires that control the garage door opener. Now, 6 years later, it just runs away when it feels the need. I got a call at 6 AM yesterday from a half-a-mile away that he was lost and needed dad. I'm not even going to speak to the drool factor. :)

james 04-25-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTflorida (Post 30739)
James, you know what they say - there are no bad dogs, only bad owners;)

Ouch. That hurts. It's probably true, but it still hurt. :-)
James

Frances 04-26-2008 01:12 AM

I'd love to have a dog, but we can't have one because my eldest daughter has asthma... so next time you're mad at your dog just remember that.

I could tell you about a couple of theing the twins trashed though. Still an ongoing process... Wood ash all over (and I mean ALL OVER) the freshly cleaned pation was their last effort.

vincent 04-26-2008 03:56 AM

WOW...My wife and i must be lucky. We have a black lad that will be 4 in September and has never chewed a thing around the house. Although she will drag a log off the wood pile and knaw at it. But thats fine and can be quite entertaining. As far as running away. We have the entire back yard fenced in.

nissanneill 04-26-2008 04:09 AM

Was talking to an old workmate last tuesday, and his 4 month old Kelpy (sheep or cattle dog) chewed through the wiring loom in his Subaru Forester under the passengers seat. $1051 later for a special order from Japan for a new loom section and 8 hours to strip out the interior and fit, all is well. Apparently they will not fit secondhand due to possible litigation as it involved the seat belt lights, airbag and shifter selector illumination. It is now an insurane claim.
I will be making a cargo barrier for him to keep the pup out of trouble in the back as he continually chews through the leather teather straps.

Neill

PizzaPolice 04-26-2008 05:48 AM

SEE! It's TRUE!
I sure hope my old teachers read this thread.