Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Laborer

Default Re: More mosaic pics....progress!! :)

No real theme.....it just flooooooooooooooooooooooows!...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Laborer

Talking Re: More mosaic pics....progress!! :)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Finished!....had bloody murders with the grouting...to be honest we are not sure about the light grout...
But.....overall looks amazing at the bottom of the garden..I will learn from this, that a) I went a bit mad with what I put on it, made grouting a nightmare,had to fill gaps inbetween lidtops with an icing bag!
b) too many delicate nipples had casualties already knocked a few off ha ha, but calmed down now and will enjoy using it.
Made the most amazing pizza in it last night, it was a family event, and really went well..looking forward to the summer and experimenting, I fancy doing some stewed fruits, and breads...

Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Har har, grouting never was my favourite part of the process either.

Hey, it looks absolutely fantastic!! I like the white grout too, makes it all that much brighter. But my favourite bit has to be that head-shaped lid near the back ...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Laborer

Talking Re: More mosaic pics....progress!! :)

Hey Frances!..thank you. I am pretty much happy with the end results except..............we now have some cracks going into the mosaic...
So, now I'm calmer about it and we've had some casualties, I can enjoy it..we roasted a leg of lamb in it last weekend..very successful..

Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Laborer

Oh and the head shaped thingy at the back..is the clever hubby who built it...bless him.