Old 10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: It's okay to premix large homebrew batches, right?

If I can get my foundation board cut to shape, get the floor bricks cut to the foot print, build my envisioned variant on the indispensable tool (design and photos forthcoming), and heal my darn ripped lat (cause unknown, but hefting 100lb bags of cement and sand seems highly suspect), I might just start this damn thing.

I would have LOVED to finish it for Thanksgiving, but that really doesn't seem like a viable option anymore, unless cutting and laying bricks turns out to be a task that can be picked at on weekday evenings instead of only on weekends.

Otherwise, maybe in time for Christmanukkah.

Here's to hoping...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Journeyman

Hey Keith,
Great to see you are making a lot of progress! Had a look at your 'thread' just now. How did I miss that you had started!

L.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm venturing off-topic of this thread by replying, but thank you very much Lars. I want to post a detailed description of my latest dome model. You'd be proud; I intend to incorporate your assymetrical trapezoids into the "soldier" course, a phrase I put in quotes because a multi-layered horizontally laid soldier course is not really a soldier course at all by any conventional definition...but anyway...

I need to post the model and explain my design. Maybe today.

Cheers!

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 10-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Apprentice

Yes, well, I had hoped to get my dome done by the middle of October - or a little before - in time for a few birthdays in the fam. I am resigned to the fact that it won't even be done by Thanksgiving...which doesn't matter, anyway, since we must be out of town for that entire Thanksgiving vacation. I think we're expecting nicer weather tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get to work on it a little.

Cecelia
Old 10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
unless cutting and laying bricks turns out to be a task that can be picked at on weekday evenings instead of only on weekends.
hey keb... I did that... when I got home from work I would lay one ring, then another ring the next night... etc,,,,