Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Tools, Tips and Techniques

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Insulated door design...

Very nice design, I may implement it instead. The only direct heat transfer would be through the bolts and minor radiation.

It all kind of depends (for me) on how heavy of a gauge sheet metal I can pick up at the local 'big-box' hardware stores that I can still successfully cut with tin-snips. If the sheet metal will be thin, then maybe the rigidity of 3 sheets may work better for me; if it's heavier gauge, I like you design better.

thanks, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
Hi Chip,
I have a similar drawing as you with the same idea. I've yet to make my door but that is what I had planned on.
The only thing I would change on your design is the internal layer could be metal lathe and not a solid piece of sheet metal. Removing extra material on that internal piece would also aid in reducing heat transfer.

Chip
Old 12-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
Very nice design, I may implement it instead. The only direct heat transfer would be through the bolts and minor radiation.

It all kind of depends (for me) on how heavy of a gauge sheet metal I can pick up at the local 'big-box' hardware stores that I can still successfully cut with tin-snips. If the sheet metal will be thin, then maybe the rigidity of 3 sheets may work better for me; if it's heavier gauge, I like you design better.

thanks, Dino
I found a 4 inch angle grinder with a thin curf metal wheel 1/16 inch. Works great for cutting sheet goods.

Chip