Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Tools, Tips and Techniques

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: If you had the chance to rebuild your oven, what would you change?

I would move my inner arch about 1 inch further back. And I would make the floor about 2 inches higher. Other than that probably nothing!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Master Builder

Make my yard bigger

So i could do what Benguilford suggested having the hearth slab and oven floor all at the same height with a small landing at front of decorative arch. Alas room did not permit.

Why!!!!!! because that looks so damn pretty.

My Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Apprentice

Home brew, no soldier coarse (lower dome), more insulation (> 2.5").
Old 09-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Laborer

Take a bit more time on the wire supporting the stucco to get a more consistent finish/curve in the final dome shape.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Master Builder

I would make a smaller and lower dome. I find my 40inch to be huge and more than i need. I also would probably cure the oven with insulation on, i cured it without so i could find and repair cracks.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs down Re: If you had the chance to rebuild your oven, what would you change?

Gudday
Spent a delightfully time yesterday afternoon restocking the stowage in the oven stand. Did manage to finally remove the orange and lemon that had been entombed at the back forever and into the ready use stowage.
To get the wood in there and out there's only one way to do it and that's to crawl.... And bark your back on the entrance.
If I were to build again I build a H shape so that I get two shallow bays and build the entrance ways higher.

If you had the chance to rebuild your oven, what would you change?-image.jpg

Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Laborer

listened to gulf on how "epic" this build may be. it is a lot larger (diameter) than i had imagined. i would have built it smaller and thought more about the final outcome, as to the final diameter. i guess i need to post some recent pics on the build.....although i am still a little shy about the final outcome. i would have built the diameter a little smaller....39 inch down to perhaps 36 inch.

my next oven at my fiance's forest property will be in the 34" to 36" diameter range.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Serf

I'm trying to do research on an oven build. what height would you go? or how high is yours now? I should change this a little, it didn't appear where i thought it would in the thread... I was meaning the height of the oven floor. is there a rule like waist or higher or not? i didn't see it in the plans but might have missed.

Last edited by pizzalover4ever; 09-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzalover4ever View Post
I'm trying to do research on an oven build. what height would you go? or how high is yours now?
Pizzalover4ever,

A good start on your research is to download the free plans here:
Click here

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
I would make a smaller and lower dome. I find my 40inch to be huge and more than i need. I also would probably cure the oven with insulation on, i cured it without so i could find and repair cracks.
V-wiz,

I'm getting ready to cure now, and was thinking the same thing, not sure which way, on or off. What is the main reason for your conclusion?

KB

Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Master Builder

Sorry for the late response. People say that when you have the insulation on the heat transfers more evenly, therefore less chance of heat spots = cracks.