Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How many blades did you use constructing your WFO?

10% of one 14" Target blade.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post

This sounds like a trade secret to me!!
Ill have to kill you all now......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Not a trade secret. Diamond blades are not sharp or dull, they work by exposing diamonds to the cutting surface. Different type blades use different type matrices to hold the diamond. Blades made for cutting soft (abrasive) materials will have hard matrix, ones for hard materials (non-abrasive) will have a soft matrix. By "sharpening", using the opposite of what the blade is made for, you are exposing more diamonds.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I cut all my oven bricks with one high-end blade from Home Depot. Can't remember the brand name... One of the house brands they sell.

Updated!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Serf

I've had a DEWALT DIAMOND MASONRY on an old spare 7 1/4" circular saw for the past couple of years now. I cut all kinds of stuff with it (brick, block, Hardibacker, concrete). The blade was about $15 and I know that I have MORE than gotten my money out if it... I just finished my first oven and cut ALL the block and brick for it...
Old 12-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Apprentice

I bought a used MK101(MK-101 Tile Saw - MK Diamond Direct) wet saw from Home Depot that came with a blade. I don't know how used it was but it cut through firebrick, cement block, real stone (veneer), bluestone steps, and tile, like a hot knife through butter! I paid around $600. For it but I figure I could sell it for $400. or $500., no problem. (although I'll probably keep it for now to do some other jobs around the house.) I think a used quality tool is usually better than a new cheap one if it is in decent shape!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oventhusiast View Post
I bought a used MK101(MK-101 Tile Saw - MK Diamond Direct) wet saw from Home Depot that came with a blade. I don't know how used it was but it cut through firebrick, cement block, real stone (veneer), bluestone steps, and tile, like a hot knife through butter! I paid around $600. For it but I figure I could sell it for $400. or $500., no problem. (although I'll probably keep it for now to do some other jobs around the house.) I think a used quality tool is usually better than a new cheap one if it is in decent shape!
Tools are good! I don't have any unnecessary tools
Old 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oventhusiast View Post
I think a used quality tool is usually better than a new cheap one if it is in decent shape!
I agree. And this also applies to many other things besides tools.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO