Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Tools, Tips and Techniques

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Horray started the mosaicing!!

Stunning!!!!

My 44" oven in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

That is so beautiful!!

I'll be coming back here for ideas, I can tell you - love the asymetrical shapes and the colours and all the different materials and patterns and and and...

Tell me, are you grouting as you go along? It looks grouted from the pictures, and I've always wondered how you should best organise that on a larger mosaic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Laborer

frances, hiiiiii,
no i'm using adhesive only, then i will attempt to grout it after...urgh i think that will be a very difficult task but as much glue and gunk on it as possible means more protection...if we have a really bad freezy spell like we did this year i will even think about putting some kind of cover over it...glad you like it, i'm enjoying it really really really..the cement based adhesive is called keraflex maxi, by mapei and its nice to use, it doesnt go hard too quickly takes about 4-5 hours till you cant use it..so its good stuff.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

incredible !!!! absolutely love it,,, I'm willing to bet when you were little you liked to color outside the lines... keep up the great work

Mark
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Laborer

aw, not so much when i was little , but now deffo...thank you i will post more as i progress, one thing i do know is that its killing my poor back!...

Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Laborer

[IMG][/IMG]
ALMOST FINISHED!!

Old 06-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Laborer

Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Master Builder

I love this, we want to do something very similar.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

very cool.... thanks for sharing
Old 09-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Master Builder

Fab. Love it!

Christo