Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Here are some videos about dough

I skipped this thread this morning 'cause I was in a rush. Let me be the next in line to give you a high five on the vids. Very funny and awesome technique. Not Italian, but your results with that big wad of dough were incredible. Good on ya bud!

I bet a pizza party at your place is a blast!

BTW, that's a heck of a crack in the back of your dome, huh? Does that disappear when the oven cools?

George

-
Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
I skipped this thread this morning 'cause I was in a rush. Let me be the next in line to give you a high five on the vids. Very funny and awesome technique. Not Italian, but your results with that big wad of dough were incredible. Good on ya bud!

I bet a pizza party at your place is a blast!

BTW, that's a heck of a crack in the back of your dome, huh? Does that disappear when the oven cools?

George
Thanks George.

Nope that crack is permanent. I'm pretty sure it was caused by the bottom slab settling. The hearth slab is even cracked a bit. The dang thing runs all through the dome and into the arch. I think its the cause of my arch failing and one of the arch bricks falling out.

The weather is starting to get really nice, so I've got to decide soon whether to repair or redo the entry way...

And yeah, pizza night is a blast here... We have five kids at home from ages 6 - 17 and they always have friends over... So it's usually a Saturday night party!!

Thanks Again,

Dave - Accountant by day. Red neck pizza man by night!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Last edited by asudavew; 02-10-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Journeyman

Dave,
Just watched the videos again and TWO THUMBS UP

I'm going to go thru the recipe you use and try it out even with a conventional oven. thanks again for the smiles.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Anytime RC.

You're doing a great job with your build.

Can't wait to see you fire it up.

How's the back holding up through the last few courses?

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 02-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Master Builder

Dave, Thanks for the videos. You are, indeed, Da man! A real dough-throwin' sob! They were great - and just in time too. I plan on making my first dough tomorrow.
I was a bit frightened at first. When you said "casual attire", and knowing you, I was afraid I'd see you kneading dough in your boxers!

Thanks again.

dusty
Old 02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
I was a bit frightened at first. When you said "casual attire", and knowing you, I was afraid I'd see you kneading dough in your boxers!

dusty
Hmmm...

Next week?

My costs:

My pics:

Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks for the offer Dave. Just give us warning. Skid marks and pizza?

-
Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Can I take a number and say, great work. I'm a little late to the party, but wow. Eccellente. Buonissimo.

Dave, I think you have something here. Your skills are the best and your passion comes through. I don't know if there is a future on youtube, but this is the best.

I wish I could do that.

James

Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Journeyman

Hi Dave ..............great videos. Got to say I feel a little bit intimidated by the skill levels.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Dave, Thanks for the videos. You are, indeed, Da man! A real dough-throwin' sob! They were great - and just in time too. I plan on making my first dough tomorrow.

Thanks again.

dusty
No He has to wait till the day after Christmas for that, or maybe New Year's Day to take a bite out of the hangover