Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Laborer

Default Re: help with my oven in any way

Hello Andy and welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your build (you hav'nt said which type your going to build) hope it's going to be a brick pompeii-style wood-oven.

The guys on this forum are most helpful with ANY part of a build.

Again best of luck with your project and happy Hogmanay " lechyd da" or as you would say "Slainte"!!)

Regards Terry (C.F)

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Serf

hi terry good to talk to another celt! its goiond to be the brick pompeii the taller version.[i think thats what its called] really looking forward to the build butas you well know its to cold rite now. happy holidays amigo
Old 01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Apprentice

Welcome and good luck choosing a path. Check out all the sites including this one:
Pizza Oven Construction That guy has some neat photos of his progress. There are some other sites online including this fledgling site: My Wood Oven - A Place For Wood Oven Lovers to Gather
B-
Old 01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

"Don't intimidate yourself with your lack of experience."

I agree. Just dig in and go at it. Remember there is no "right way", there are different solutions and techniques that work equally well.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Apprentice

Just Do it !! !! The best learning experience is doing. In education they call it a constructivist approach.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: help with my oven in any way

Andy,

Quote:
Ihave just purchased the books building a wood fired oven for bread and pizza and also
your brick oven building it and baking it
any thoughts on these books
The second book is written by Russell Jeavons, a respected Pizza restaurant owner here in Adelaide, (well about 40km south in a great tourist/wine town called Willunga). You need to book a month to 6 weeks in advance to get into his establishment on a Friday or Saturday night, very successful, great food and all prepared and cooked in his inexpensive brick ovens. He has also built numerous ovens, as he explains and details in his book at wineries and friend's places.
Check out y thread on his restaurant at:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f27/...alia-1930.html (Russell Jeavon's Pizza Restaurant - South Australia)
The book is a little basic but to the point. There is a lot more information available from this forum but he has some very simple cheap innovative ideas that he has well proven to work without the need for expensive refractory materials. Let me also emphasis that the old red solid bricks that were made here in Adelaide and referred to in Russell's book, might be much better and more suited to the Pompeii or wood fired brick oven than all bricks around the world or the ones that you can get for free, so check them out, ask questions and satisfy yourself that they will be suitable for your build.
Russell has a partner who arranges and runs a host of cooking classes with Russell in the restaurant and other locations, from bread to pizzas, sweets to preserves to spices, even Japanese and Chinese cooking.
You can trust his writings as they work and work well.
Do a Google search of Russell Jeavons Pizza and check out the response. Interesting results.
Cheers.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neillís kitchen underway

Last edited by nissanneill; 01-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Serf

thanks neil for taking the time to awnser me and give me the linksim going to check them out rite after i have typed this up .

regards andy