Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Tools, Tips and Techniques (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   Harbor Frieght Saw (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/harbor-frieght-saw-2894.html)

rcspott 11-05-2007 06:20 PM

Harbor Frieght Saw

It seems the Harbor Frieght Tile saw is the saw of choice, my question is what type of blade are you using with it to cut brick?

thanks

Rich

Dutchoven 11-05-2007 06:36 PM

Re: Harbor Frieght Saw

I bought the 10 inch blade from harbor freight also...cuts very well
Best
Dutch

Ken524 11-05-2007 07:44 PM

I splurged and bought a $79 Bosch diamond blade from Home Depot.
10 In. Segmented Premium Diamond Blade - DB1041C at The Home Depot

Works great, I probably haven't worn more than a few millimeters off of it. Probably overkill if you're only going to use it for this project.

asudavew 11-05-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken524 (Post 18794)
I splurged and bought a $79 Bosch diamond blade from Home Depot.
10 In. Segmented Premium Diamond Blade - DB1041C at The Home Depot

Works great, I probably haven't worn more than a few millimeters off of it. Probably overkill if you're only going to use it for this project.

Where ya been man?

I've been waiting for fire pics........I want to see that dome glow!!!

dave

jcg31 11-05-2007 09:31 PM

I bought the 10" $30.00 diamond blade. I am starting my third this weekend. But cuts like a charm.
Jim

dusty 11-05-2007 11:02 PM

I also bought the $30 blade from harbor freight. I've probably made over 300 cuts and still works as good as new. And it's an uninterupted model (no teeth), so it looks harmless. Been fortunate enough so far as to not find out for sure though.

dusty

Acoma 11-05-2007 11:17 PM

HF w/ $30 blade, still boxed and ready.

gjbingham 11-06-2007 06:40 AM

I also used the 10" Harbor Freight blade. I've got piles of little brick shards lying around so I'm guessing I made about 300 cuts with this one.

Just a note. Make sure to keep the bars/rails that the table rolls on clean of debris. I wasn't paying attention to this and bits of cut brick on the rails cause the table to wobble or tilt a little as you feed your bricks into the saw. It causes inaccuracy in your cuts and the blade may actually bind up in the middle of a brick.
George

tsquared 11-12-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjbingham (Post 18821)
I also used the 10" Harbor Freight blade. I've got piles of little brick shards lying around so I'm guessing I made about 300 cuts with this one.

Just a note. Make sure to keep the bars/rails that the table rolls on clean of debris. I wasn't paying attention to this and bits of cut brick on the rails cause the table to wobble or tilt a little as you feed your bricks into the saw. It causes inaccuracy in your cuts and the blade may actually bind up in the middle of a brick.
George

:confused: